Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I have not changed anything on it. Accelerated cooling puts it at 37 correct?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cweldy View Post
    I have not changed anything on it. Accelerated cooling puts it at 37 correct?
    correct
    Work sucks, lets go skydive

Post Likes
    Also, I suspect the board because compressor was running at 40hz the other day. House was 2 degrees above set point and it was 95 outside.

Post Likes
    you need to record your information. what if a pressure transducer is reading incorrect?, what if your airflow is incorrect? verify your airflow, Put it in charge mode, and after 20 mins record your superheat and subcool. wb etc... while you are in charge mode, scroll through what your bova thinks it sees on the temps and pressures. you may have other issues. However if your board is one they wanted to replace have at it. I would just go over all your data.

You can also turn off the adaptive sw4-3 and see if that helps your troubleshooting
    Work sucks, lets go skydive

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freefall View Post
    Im guessing you are oversized then
    IMO the term 'oversized' has a different definition when it comes to inverter drive AC...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    I'm a homeowner, and a buddy (master electrician) put a mini split in. There is a tiny leak at the valve on the outside unit. He also bent my line set all to shit! I just ordered a new line set as well as some Nylog Red sealant. I also ordered a r410a manifold gauge set to test to see if it's holding a vac. So once I'm ready to replace the line, I will turn off the refrigerant valves so they are off, is there anything else I need to do ontop of turning the Freon off before replacing the lineset? Thanks guys and I would love all the help I can get!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohumn8 View Post
    I'm a homeowner, and a buddy (master electrician) put a mini split in. There is a tiny leak at the valve on the outside unit. He also bent my line set all to shit! I just ordered a new line set as well as some Nylog Red sealant. I also ordered a r410a manifold gauge set to test to see if it's holding a vac. So once I'm ready to replace the line, I will turn off the refrigerant valves so they are off, is there anything else I need to do ontop of turning the Freon off before replacing the lineset? Thanks guys and I would love all the help I can get!!!
    You need to start you own thread. Otherwise no one will see your post.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    its a 5 ton and the superheat and sub cool were in spec when installed in april. The condenser is only pulling about 8amps and the indoor coil is maintaining a delta of 21 to 23 degrees. at 8 amps i suspect it is only calling for about 2 to 2.5 tons of cooling so wouldn't 900 cfm be enough? My next step up on air flow is 1000/1550

Post Likes
    5 ton is 2000 cfm.

Post Likes
    5 ton is 2000 cfm.
    I understand if it was running at 5 ton capacity but its an inverter driven compressor and can go from 25% to 125% of its 5 ton rating. It uses suction temp to determine how much output the compressor is putting out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO the term 'oversized' has a different definition when it comes to inverter drive AC...
    Oversized is easily defined, if you cant maintain < 50%RH on a design day in a green grass climate youre oversized. If you cant maintain 55% RH a humid climate your oversized. A 62 or 63 web bulb is the target.

Ive looked at a few of these units and their latent performance is very underwhelming.
    Ed J

Post Likes
    5 ton is 2000 cfm.
    only if the SHR of the home is between .8 and .85.

I very rarely see the target in that range.

Post Likes
    But how could that ever happen?

As I understand the control logic; the evaporator is maintained at 37. The speed and pumping capacity of the compressor would vary to maintain that temperature.

The cold coil would seem to be maximizing the moisture removal while lengthening the run cycles.

How can these units avoid providing great moisture removal? What performance dynamic am I overlooking?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Janowiak View Post
    . . . I’ve looked at a few of these units (Bosch Bova) and their latent performance is very underwhelming.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast