Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I agree that tag is proof excessive comp SH.

Post Likes

Holy crap perk33, what the hell did you do to your head? Please make a second post and tell us about it.

I once knew this guy who was working at a place with one of those roof accesses where you have to pull a rope hanging from the ceiling and then unfold the rickety wooden stairs. Anyways, he had his recovery jug fall on his head somehow when he started climbing up the stairs, and he ended up with staples in his head that looked almost the same as yours. I'm amazed that he didn't die right then and there. Apparently he was alright, or at least better than the interior of the car of the store manager who drove him to the hospital that day. I hear he made quite the mess inside of his car.

So what's the story? That is you isn't it?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adammac View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering if nitrogen is always necessary during brazing of small hermetic compressors?

One of my refrigerated machines blew a compressor yesterday. I had a small compressor (also R134a) replaced on a commercial fridge last year and the tech said that there was no need to run nitrogen but having done some reading on here I'm wondering if it is best practice to run nitrogen even on small systems?

Cheers,
    Adam
    I’ve never seen a piece of refrigeration quite like that before. What is it and what does it do? What’s the brand? I can’t quite make it out from the pic.

Post Likes
    I had 8 brain surgeries to remove a mass from the center of my brain . I spent 3 months in a coma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perk33 View Post
    I had 8 brain surgeries to remove a mass from the center of my brain . I spent 3 months in a coma

Wow, sorry to hear that. Hopefully that's in the past and you are getting better now. I wish you a full recovery and no further surgeries.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    I’ve never seen a piece of refrigeration quite like that before. What is it and what does it do? What’s the brand? I can’t quite make it out from the pic.
    It's a tank/mixer for fermenting levain culture for making sourdough bread. I purchased it used from France, built in 2008 and I doubt the compressor has ever been replaced.

It's not on the manufacturers site for some reason but here are some details.

https://lobbi.bg/machines-for-dough-...ain-tl105.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adammac View Post
    It's a tank/mixer for fermenting levain culture for making sourdough bread. I purchased it used from France, built in 2008 and I doubt the compressor has ever been replaced.

It's not on the manufacturers site for some reason but here are some details.

https://lobbi.bg/machines-for-dough-...ain-tl105.html
    I hope you local power supply is 220V 50 Hz as that's what that compressor is designed for.

Post Likes
    Yea I’m much better now I had to learn how to walk again because of the time I spent in a coma. But I’m doing good

Post Likes
    He'll get about 20% more work out of it state side. You know, they're a bunch of lazy bums over there across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I hope you local power supply is 220V 50 Hz as that's what that compressor is designed for.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    I was taught in school to always purge as a best practice, as C-C referred to, and i have did my best to purge as much as possible. BUT, as we all know, when your in the real world, and up to your neck in alligators, you may just need to put your faith in the systems drier screens every now and then, and just "Git-er-Done" ! In all my years in the business, the system driers have never let me down, (as far as i know, LOL). Now, this is not an Endorsement, or Recommendation to get lazy, and always take the easy road out and bypass the purge, its just my 2 pennies.! "ALWAYS PURGE WHEN POSSIBLE TO DO SO"

Read Here..
    https://www.harrisproductsgroup.com/...d-brazing.aspx

Post Likes
    Well in the real world not everyone uses nitrogen when brazing. This is very true and I always see plugged driers months or a year after the fact. So not everyone does the proper technique in brazing. It’s the same as pulling a vacuum. How many people follow the proper vacuuming technique when pulling a vacuum other than me I would say 30% of the tech use it.

Post Likes
    If you can plug a C-083 with 4 braze joints you have some Serious Talent.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    If you can plug a C-083 with 4 braze joints you have some Serious Talent.
    Hold my beer, I'll do it with 2.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast