Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    Look like a normal left-wing furnace install to me!
    I don't think the furnace being on the right side of the room would have made any difference.

Post Likes
    I bought a new home last fall...
    LONG ranch with a 3 room suite upstairs (guess it is not really a ranch).

The main floor had a 4 ton unit, with HORRIBLE metal duct from the 1970's that leaked like a sieve... air did not really get to the far ends of the long main level.
    I decided to separate the main level into 2x systems: one for the living space and one for the bedrooms...
    Both are 70K 97% MOD furnaces with 2 ton 20 SEER inverter AC and the obligatory factory thermostat.
    The upstairs has lots of attic space, some of which is gonna be closed in, in the future... so I put a similar system up there with a 3 ton inverter unit.
    All 3 have new ductwork (kept the boots), with some added return capacity.

My gas bill went down about 1/3 month to month...
    However I did not live here last summer so I do not have anything to compare the elec to.

I can say this...
    The comfort level of MOD/Inverter is a new level... that cannot be achieved with conventional equipment.

Oh yeah... got most of the equipment on 'personal use'... including all aluminum evap coils...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

3. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

The main floor had a 4 ton unit, with HORRIBLE metal duct from the 1970's that leaked like a sieve... air did not really get to the far ends of the long main level.
    I decided to separate the main level into 2x systems: one for the living space and one for the bedrooms...
    Both are 70K 97% MOD furnaces with 2 ton 20 SEER inverter AC and the obligatory factory thermostat.
    The upstairs has lots of attic space, some of which is gonna be closed in, in the future... so I put a similar system up there with a 3 ton inverter unit.

However I did not live here last summer so I do not have anything to compare the elec to.

I can say this...
    The comfort level of MOD/Inverter is a new level... that cannot be achieved with conventional equipment.

Oh yeah... got most of the equipment on 'personal use'... including all aluminum evap coils...
    If I have to hear about your three mod/var units one more time GA Im gonna have to go postal on you.........

J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Funny thing is it works is it proper no but keeing the wife happy was the goal and he did it
    just like PAYSONHVAC on this site and HACKFREEHVAC on youtube its bastradized but works

Post Likes
    Speaking of my system, the contactor on my 67 carrier just took a dump.
    Be lucky to get 5 years out of a new one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    If I have to hear about your three mod/var units one more time GA I’m gonna have to go postal on you.........

J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just glad to hear he is finally getting with the program. I had a VS system in my office 20+ years ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Mine may or may not have a capacitor and contactor

What's a Capacitor?

What's a Contactor?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, I wasnt sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

I can say this...

In Ga I bet the 70k furnaces have NEVER been out of low fire. I live in a 2 ton house but got a deal on a 75k mod furnace, old stock, rated 94% back when 95 first got ya tax credits and they couldn't sell it. never gets out of low unless it's been in set back mode. Most of the time,since i'm a single guy I keep it about 64 degrees. 9 years and have only changed filters and UV light bulbs and checked drains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12