Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

My System.......

This is where we tell the stories of our neglected systems because were always working on someone elses.

I go first.

My system is so oversized, with more than half the windows open, inside came down from 78 to 72 in about an hour. (OAT 80* design = 92 for my area)

Post Likes
    My system pretty accurate. When we bought the house a few yrs ago it had a boiler system. (Ranch) The day we closed I ripped it all out. Short of changing filters and cleaning the condenser I don’t touch much though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My 3 window shakers are fine

Post Likes
    According to manual j, mines slightly undersized, but it maintains 76 when its 96 out. It was in dehum mode last night, after 30 minutes run time dropped the rh 3-4%
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    I keep my system in tip top shape. I got a hold of a delta DSC 1616 system controller. I'm thinking of automating my entire home with BACnet.

Post Likes
    Mine may or may not have a capacitor and contactor
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

7. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    My 2TTZ9048A is 16 Years Old still kicking. Gas furnace and boards still talking. LOL.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    I keep my system in tip top shape. I got a hold of a delta DSC 1616 system controller. I'm thinking of automating my entire home with BACnet.
    I want it to where my windows are like an economize and they will open and close based on outdoor conditions. Shades go up and down depending on load and sun.

Talk about expensive lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I want it to where my windows are like an economize and they will open and close based on outdoor conditions. Shades go up and down depending on load and sun.

Talk about expensive lol

You need a NEST!

Post Likes
    Mine is slightly oversized but is as small as I could get in a WSHP. Most of the time it runs low speed.

Now here is the fun part. I zoned the house with 4 zones, Basement, North end, main, and Master suite. During the finish of the construction we needed heat on to keep the house stable for the wood. I did not have the zone controls hooked up, all damper open, and the thermostat wired and thrown in the return duct with the wire running through the filter door. There were no registers on but the main floor boots ere 3/4 covered with a metal plate to keep stuff out. I put a thermometer on the bar in the basement then would move it to the bar upstairs. The temp was mostly the same with the basement being maybe a degree warmer sometimes.

The house gets finished and the zone system gets connected, all of a sudden the basement is now always colder by several degrees but it will hold what ever the zone stat is set at.

Outside of replacing the 413 media every year it hasn't needed anything and the WSHP has heated the house with no back up even in near record cold.

Post Likes
    My Carrier AC was made in 1988 and is original but the furnace has been replaced twice.

Post Likes
    Oh, I have a confession about my system. The absolute biggest piece of hackery I've done. It's an embarrassment... but funny.

Bought the house without AC, so did a 'temporary' install of an undersized leaking unit I had replaced for a customer. Misses was pregnant, it was summer, she was hot, I was sick of hearing the complaining. Reused the lineset even. I did fix the leaking coil though!

I added in a humidifier that winter, never quite finished that install either. Parts have been sitting on the washing machine for way too long.

It was all meant to be torn out and replaced with new. But I'm too busy and it works well enough that it has been this way for years.

The things we do to our houses we would never do to others:

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Oh, I have a confession about my system. The absolute biggest piece of hackery I've done. It's an embarrassment... but funny.

Bought the house without AC, so did a 'temporary' install of an undersized leaking unit I had replaced for a customer. Misses was pregnant, it was summer, she was hot, I was sick of hearing the complaining. Reused the lineset even. I did fix the leaking coil though!

I added in a humidifier that winter, never quite finished that install either. Parts have been sitting on the washing machine for way too long.

It was all meant to be torn out and replaced with new. But I'm too busy and it works well enough that it has been this way for years.

The things we do to our houses we would never do to others:
    Look like a normal left-wing furnace install to me! 😁

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast