Post Likes

Bosch BOVA with TAM9

Im probably missing something simple but when setting up the TAM9 to work with a new Bosch condenser Im getting a HP signal on the AH interface in cooling. Thermostat is set to energize RV in Heat and it is cooling well but not showing correct mode at TAM9.

Post Likes
    The TAM9 needs to have the o and y terminals energized in cool mode to have the correct airflow and operation.

Post Likes
    Understood. How do I make that happen when the Bosch requires o be energized in Heat? Cant find anything in either service manual about proper fix that will work in both modes?
    Last edited by letthesmokeout; 05-17-2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Spelling grammer

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by letthesmokeout View Post
    Understood. How do I make that happen when the Bosch requires o be energized in Heat? Cant find anything in either service manual about proper fix that will work in both modes?
    Do I move condenser O to W1 and condenser W to W2 then set thermostat back to O? Sorry. Brain is a little attic fried from his week.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by letthesmokeout View Post
    Do I move condenser O to W1 and condenser W to W2 then set thermostat back to O? Sorry. Brain is a little attic fried from his week.
    No, I wouldnt do that...
    The older thermostats used to have both O and B, in which case you could wire O to the TAM and B to the Bosch.

In this case you will likely need a small relay to reverse the logic: Use heat mode O to power the coil of relay. TAM O gets power from R, through the NC contact.

Post Likes
    I can’t remember exactly how we wired a tam9 to a Rheem with b for hp. A couple 90-340 relay, set stat to B for heat, powers coil, b to nc and through to rv coil, jumper to no then back to ah.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    I cant remember exactly how we wired a tam9 to a Rheem with b for hp. A couple 90-340 relay, set stat to B for heat, powers coil, b to nc and through to rv coil, jumper to no then back to ah.
    I can do something with that info. Thanks.