Thread: Manual J Review

Post Likes

Manual J Review

Hey All,

I wanted to see if I could get some more eyes on a Manual J I performed myself.

2 Story, 2023 sqft

Designer Dan has helped me get into the ballpark (he did a manual J for me) but I wanted to see what tweaking things would do to my home loads.

I have attached a few manual J's I did in Wrightsoft:

1) Current House as it sits

2) Current House as it sits, but ignoring duct losses by moving to mini splits (or something that has my ducts in the conditioned space)

3) Upgrading all East, South, West facing windows (I'm using the NRFC values of an existing upgraded window) and moving to mini splits (or something that has my ducts in the conditioned space)

My existing equipment is in the attic which probably explains the high duct losses.

The results seem pretty dramatic between the current results and what is possible.

1) Calls for just under 3 tons

3) Says it can be done with 2 tons, amazing!

I'm still doing a bit of air sealing so I haven't gotten a blower door done yet (That could potentially throw all of these off by quite a bit)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in