Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Suppose that Aqua products DCS/DCP series chiller incorporates air cooled 38AK condensing units.

Post Likes
    Why is a chiller being troubleshot (?) and chilled water temperature hasn't even been mentioned? Jayguy alluded to it, twice (!) and we still don't know. Or have I just missed it?
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

Post Likes
    One of the first actions on a chiller call should be to check water flow. 14 posts in and I have yet to see any numbers on that. Entering and leaving, pressure and temperature. And that's just for starters.
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

Post Likes
    I do give the originator credit for at least supplying some numbers. That alone is a quantum leap forward here. <g>

And in his defense: I have the impression that he is more of an air-coil kind of guy - and not a chiller-guy. <g>

Going back to his (admittedly too few <g>) numbers: with the sub cooling low, and the suction pressure and SSH high, and based only on the furnished numbers: my first guess is lack of charge.

Would either high or low water flow cause those symptoms?

I agree that we should have those numbers - but what about what we Do know would point to a flow issue?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Is it just me who always reads these posts and the whole time has a screaming voice in his head:

If only I should SEE and TOUCH this unit!!! In five minutes I would know what was going on with it!!!

<g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Water temp will let's us see if he as some high load on the evap (he got a high Suct sat temp)
    With high TD we could see if flow is good or not.

Partial number lead only to partial or wrong diagnostic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12