+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could anyone assist me with wiring a controller? Noob in training

Post Likes

Could anyone assist me with wiring a controller? Noob in training

Today, (for training purposes), I need to wire up a Honeywell XL50. I already have most of this wired up but I know it is done improperly. Just seeing if I could chat with someone and get some one on one help. I have been struggling with this for a while and even posted earlier this week about it; and am ready to put it behind me today.

I know my point types and I have a basic understanding of electricity. I know how it works but I am lost when it comes to actually applying it here. Through experience and wiring up controllers like this I know my understanding will improve but for now I need help as I am at a standstill. If anyone could assist me, I would really really appreciate it.

Post Likes
    What exactly are you having trouble with. On your last post someone posted a general wiring guide with very good examples.

Is there a specific sensor type or power source or actuator application that is giving you grief?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    What exactly are you having trouble with. On your last post someone posted a general wiring guide with very good examples.

Is there a specific sensor type or power source or actuator application that is giving you grief?

Specifically I'm trying to wire a Veris Hawkeye 735 CT with a Rib relay (Rib25c) to the XL50 controller? I was told it was wrong, nothing specific. My head is in a cluster, I can't figure this out.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/H338036/Desktop/CT%20and%20RIB%20wiring.png[/IMG]

Post Likes
    Draw and post a schematic of how you think it should go, and we will review that

Post Likes
    wiring

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungSinatra301 View Post
    Specifically I'm trying to wire a Veris Hawkeye 735 CT with a Rib relay (Rib25c) to the XL50 controller? I was told it was wrong, nothing specific. My head is in a cluster, I can't figure this out.

If this is a class, and your instructor is the type that likes tricks maybe it's not wired wrong at all. Maybe the answer is after looking up your devices listed is that it appears you don't need the RIB relay. The Hawkeye 735 is a CT and command relay in one. I have attached the XL50 DO and DI wiring diagrams also. I learned how to fly years ago, and my instructor was the trick type. Like removing the fuse from the flaps before landing, and then saying hmm? The flaps don't work what are you going to do. Or maybe the wiring is messed up? Just a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungSinatra301 View Post

So I'm just going off the info presented, but I can tell you what I expect to see on a properly wired veris.

One set of terminals is the actual CT. That should get wired as a dry contact to an input and common terminal of your controller. Polarity insensitive, use 18/2 black/white. I prefer black on the common, white on the signal.
    One set of terminals is the relay coil. First you need to know if the motor in question is going to use a starter relay from the controller. If not, than you're done. If you are using the built-in veris relay, than you need 24VAC and an output wired up from the controller. Make sure you provide the 24V through the common via a jumper or use a live output. Polarity insensitive, use 18/2 black/white. I prefer black on the common, white on the signal.
    Last set of terminals is the load side of the relay. Should be wired up to the motor starter coil if the relay coil is in use.

Not much to it other than that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in