+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIVERSITY FACTOR SELECTION FOR CHILLER

Post Likes

DIVERSITY FACTOR SELECTION FOR CHILLER

Hai,

I am designing for the 25 floor residential building. I am getting total load for the building as 1450 Tr. But my consultant telling that we can go for a diversity factor of 20% so the chiller load has reduced to 1160 Tr. But inside the total load of FCU's are coming 1450 Tr itself. How the chiller can give the chilled water to the FCU's ? If I am going to do the water balancing how I can balance water flow at full load if the chiller is not supplying GPM equal to the total fan coil unit load.

Post Likes
    Diversity Factor states that you will not have every unit at full load at the exact same time on any given day. Some parts of the building will have a solar load and some will not. Some parts will have all of their internal loads and some will not. I don’t know if 20% is a good number for your facility or not.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    This was posted before and the comments are gone. The design will not work!!
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    This was posted before and the comments are gone. The design will not work!!
    The op started a thread in tech to tech residential as well the comments are over there
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shinozahmed View Post
    Hai,

I am designing for the 25 floor residential building. I am getting total load for the building as 1450 Tr. But my consultant telling that we can go for a diversity factor of 20% so the chiller load has reduced to 1160 Tr. But inside the total load of FCU's are coming 1450 Tr itself. How the chiller can give the chilled water to the FCU's ? If I am going to do the water balancing how I can balance water flow at full load if the chiller is not supplying GPM equal to the total fan coil unit load.
    Order
    Read
    and
    Understand

HONEYWELL ENGINEERING MANUAL of AUTOMATIC CONTROL for COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS
    https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...s/77-E1100.pdf

Then get back to us!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in