Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need help!!

Post Likes
    Take it slow
    Take it easy

Whenever you get confused step back, look at it from a different angle

Read every piece of paper on every part.

Get your post count up and apply for pro status.

Post Likes
    My two biggest pieces of advice to become a great service technician is to learn the relationship between airflow and refrigerant flow (assuming you understand the refrigeration process). Also learn to read schematics even if it means taking picture on your smartphone and studying in the morning over coffee.
    Those funny symbols are a language.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Uncertainty? You feel uncertain? You are not sure of yourself you say? Good! In fact; Damned Good!

A good working life, like all Life in fact, to being truly worthwhile, has to rest on a firm foundation of uncertainty. Because otherwise you are doomed to a dull routine, a mere cruise through Life - and through your Work. You're just like a steer who walks the same mindless path every day to get to the watering hole.

This doesn’t apply to you right now - but I suggest it to people wanting to start their own business: if you want to start a business and have the financial means in place to accomplish it - abandon the idea until your fortunes change. Because only when there is no Plan B, only you Have to make it work, will you know what Life is all about.

They say: "I always wanted to start my own business but I can’t afford it.”

But the hard truth is that those who say this cannot afford Not to do it. They are swaddled in the cancerous-ness of security - in comfortable -ness. They worship it - and it quietly, dully, inexorably steals from them a Life which is already far too short.

Uncertainty is your friend. Overcoming what it presents will draw out the best in you. It will make you capable of things that you would not believe possible. If you ever find yourself working at a comfortable level - give it up and go elsewhere - to somewhere that you can find more uncertainty.
    <<< My "Modified Like Button"

Well said Poodle!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Uncertainty? You feel uncertain? You are not sure of yourself you say? Good! In fact; Damned Good!

A good working life, like all Life in fact, to being truly worthwhile, has to rest on a firm foundation of uncertainty. Because otherwise you are doomed to a dull routine, a mere cruise through Life - and through your Work. You're just like a steer who walks the same mindless path every day to get to the watering hole.

This doesn’t apply to you right now - but I suggest it to people wanting to start their own business: if you want to start a business and have the financial means in place to accomplish it - abandon the idea until your fortunes change. Because only when there is no Plan B, only you Have to make it work, will you know what Life is all about.

They say: "I always wanted to start my own business but I can’t afford it.”

But the hard truth is that those who say this cannot afford Not to do it. They are swaddled in the cancerous-ness of security - in comfortable -ness. They worship it - and it quietly, dully, inexorably steals from them a Life which is already far too short.

Uncertainty is your friend. Overcoming what it presents will draw out the best in you. It will make you capable of things that you would not believe possible. If you ever find yourself working at a comfortable level - give it up and go elsewhere - to somewhere that you can find more uncertainty.
    This should be a sticky for new techs
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123