Post Likes

Compressor Core charges

Went by uri to drop off a 06d core ,and was informed Copeland,Carlyle havenít charged a core in about a year and half. First Iíve heard but they hinted semiís weíre going the way of the dodo bird. Anyone else encountered this or got insight on the phase out of semiís?
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I picked up a 2 HP Copeland last November and was charges a core charge until the replacement came back.

Going buy buy wouldn't surprise me. Scrolls are more flexible!

Post Likes
    our local RSD branch has a poster that has been up since last summer stating that they buy back semis in any condition. I think it s 75 bucks for core.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    We don't buy cores unless they are in high demand.
    You pay the core charge up front and get credit when it's returned. The industry is shifting to scrolls and TurboCor style magnetic bearing compressors.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    I remember seeing an ad saying they are looking for cores to come back. It was a Carlyle ad.

Post Likes
    We have bought a few rebuilds from American Compressor in Tennessee. They are hot to trot for some cores others are scrap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Semi cost to much to make and rebuilt plus with refrigerants like 410 think it might be at the upper limits of the head/ valve plate gasket limits. Semi's haven't rebuilt one in three years, screws nobody field rebuilds them- might change a gasket or clean a screen. Customers want everything fix yesterday can't and won't wait.

Post Likes
    I wen't to a Carrier semi class in the early 90's. There was a rebuilding company in Phoenix where we went to see the rebuild process. They predicted they would not be doing semi's in the future. The scroll would replace the semi's (scrolls were fairly new then). They were off a bit on the timing.
    There are a number of rebuilding companies still active and the demand seems to be there.
    Re-Manufactured was a better word for the work the company did.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Was hoping remanworld would chime in the biggest inconvenience will be draining the oil before it gets tossed in metal bin
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

10. Likes The Turtleman liked this post