Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Cycle the ball valves on the core removal tools while running the pump, possible to have trapped nitrogen, Jim mentions that in one of his videos,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by atnc View Post
    Cycle the ball valves on the core removal tools while running the pump, possible to have trapped nitrogen, Jim mentions that in one of his videos,
    atnc-

Thanks for the tip. I've read about that and will be sure to cycle the ball valves on my next visit. Lots of rain here in the bay area right now. Also, high temps are hovering just above 60 for the next couple weeks.

Post Likes
    Achso017 gave good advice. Jim Bergman's Video is very helpful. You may be opening and closing the gas ballast at the wrong time in your process. If your system has a lot of moisture then you should open the gas ballast initially until you start to reach a good vacuum (I forget exactly how deep. I think 3000 microns would be good.) then close the gas ballast and continue pulling a deep vacuum. You won't be able to pull and hold a deep vacuum with the gas ballast open. Watch the video on TruTech Tools. Bergman explains it completely.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by atnc View Post
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Try leaving the CRT alone and closing the valve on the pump. I have Appion CRT and every time I move the valve under a vacuum the micron level jumps up, if I close the valve on the pump the micron level rises but it doesn't jump and stabilizes after a minute or so.

Post Likes
    What does the manufacture say for the vacuum? Most say vacuum to 450 microns if it stays below 1000 for 10 min your good

Post Likes
    I have always been told below 500 for a minute once blanked off.

Post Likes
    Rescueheating- I agree. I watched Jim Bergman's video; it is helpful! I opened the gas ballast down to about 2000 microns then closed it.

BNME8EZ- Good to know. I cycled the ball valves on the VCRT as a precaution as I understand air bubbles can get trapped w/in the valve

Viepped- Required vacuum is per EPA regs. Correct? Under 500 microns constitutes deep vacuum; anything over this is not okay for charging.

Good news is I was there yesterday carrying all the helpful information I received here. I pulled my vacuum down to about 80 microns over a 30-minute period. After isolating the VRCT and shutting down the pump, my vacuum settled and held for about 20 minutes at 270 microns. System is up and running! One difference in my set-up yesterday was a 50', 12-gauge extension cord. I forgot to bring this cord on my first visit and was powering my pump via a 100', 14-gauge cord.

Thanks again to everyone for the shared knowledge and support.

9. Likes Achso017 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12