Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    First loop has 76 devices which is over what honeywell recommends and about 1600 feet of wire.this is the worst loop for preformance.

2nd loop has 44 devices 1500 feet.

Our tech checked with a echelon analyzer and the crc errors were all high at 1-2 %. There were two controllers that were the highest and they were both looking for a o.a.t.. on the tr71 all the o.at are messed up like some have the proper temp, some have a wild number or a default of 0C.

There are two lon cards in this Jace and no routers installed.

Post Likes
    Does first loop have a router or repeater? If it does then it is not over.

If not easiest fix by far a Loytec LSwitch set up in 'auto learning mode' or whatever they call it - LS33CB and put it somewhere near the middle of the network, note you'll need to add terminator(s) based on network topology.

Depending on wire type and topology, both loops are pushing/over limits if free topology.

*They call it Smart Switch Mode. Make sure and follow steps in manual to set it up that way. Believe it comes default, but still should verify and press and hold Service pin as instructions state.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    The first loop has no router or repeater. Both loops are daisy chained doubly terminated with a E.O.L on each end. The cable the whole building is ran with is 18/2 twisted non shielded.

Post Likes
    What wire type is it? The cable specs are critical
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarson29 View Post
    ...There are two lon cards in this Jace and no routers installed.
    I think this is an issue, and not a small one. And, let's let the Tbox experts tell you why this is rather than imitate crickets.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    I think this is an issue, and not a small one. And, let's let the Tbox experts tell you why this is rather than imitate crickets.
    I can't think of why that would be an issue but I'm interested as I had a bid out a while back for a similar situation. Two small LON trunks (COMM5) in a building and rather than trying to join them and deal with that I was going to just put in two LON cards and tie to both.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Guessing he is crying about the fact it defaults to polling unless one changes it. That said, I can count the number of times I have dealt with Lon on Tridium on one hand. These days the integration path for Lon is the same a pneumatics in 9/10 cases.

Who knows maybe BACnet/FT will bring back Lon. Wouldn't hold my breath. Surely Loytec must be working on a BACnet/FT to BACnet/IP router??
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I can't think of why that would be an issue but I'm interested as I had a bid out a while back for a similar situation. Two small LON trunks (COMM5) in a building and rather than trying to join them and deal with that I was going to just put in two LON cards and tie to both.
    You would have the same performance issue. I see the other guy doesn't know. Maybe you can ask them what that would be and maybe they tell you.

The easy solution that is fast is LON-IP license and use a router. Then performance is much better because the JACE doesn't do any of the "heavy lifting" in the network.

As crabmaster said, there are many issues on this network. The inherent weaknesses in the box don't help the situation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    I see the other guy doesn't know.
    If I made the "other guy", make no mistake. I don't deal with much Lon in tbox land, seems like I pointed that out. Prob have half dozen other drivers as common if not more. Today, Lon hitting the dumpster is the typical outcome. If we pull Lon in, its only large sites and anything outside unitary...dumpster.

It's Tridium...there are 1K ways to do something stupid and maybe 2 efficient ways. Being your not calling it out, I assume its a simple matter of tribal knowlage in obsolete protocols.

Sure one could fix all the possible issues here. One could also push the reset button and join the 21st century.
    Last edited by orion242; 05-23-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12