Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    with buyer/seller inspections I use my testo smart probes. It allowed me to simply upload the report that I did not have any ability to manipulate. I stipulate on the top of hte insepction report that this is how I found the system and I have no knowledge as to previous services or refrigerant added.

Most of the kids running around throwing freon in systems are overcharging, you can usually tell if somebody gassed it up.

Post Likes
    I have done many home inspections. Just because of issue like this. I document all readings and take pictures. I document any defects. Most inspections are done for the buyer, in my contract I have two clauses. 1. Inspections are no more than a snapshot at the time it was inspected all defects or excpetions for conditions beyond your control will be documented in the as found conditions. Any defects or damage that can be attributed to my negligence the liquid damages are llimited to the cost of the inspection contract. I charge a simple service call for this kind of inspection. Exceptions meaning ambient temp too cold, hopuse temp too warm, no power on, etc... 2. When I review the findings with the buyer or realtor their signature of acceptance of the report is also a liability relase for the work I did. When you have data and pictures it's nearly impossible to claim negligence.

Sounds like you have the issue covered with the documentation you have

Post Likes
    Document everything. Did I understand you were actually working for seller & they paid the invoice, if so you owe the new owner nothing.
    On the other hand could be a simple fix and you might gain a life long customer that is your best cheerleader, but he has already shown he is a ahole

Post Likes
    Many times during home inspections the buyer's inspector will say: Have the furnace and or air conditioning inspected by a "Licensed HVAC Contractor". Because the compressor was noisey, or the coil appears dirty, or fins need straightening, or it was too cold to run AC........ Then it is up to the buyer to ask the seller via the Realators to do that. If the agree the seller has that done and then provides the report and or invoice from the HVAC professional proving that the inspection has been completed. Then if any repairs are needed that then becomes negotiable.

Post Likes
    For me I make sure to confirm what is wanted; service it or just check it out?

My nightmare call, the HO had no clue what they wanted so she had me do both.
    Realtor calls and complains about the cost. Told her that's what I was told to do.

Funny that both seller and buyer's realtor work in the same office and they are both b!tching about the invoice and what it means.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12