Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes

    Johnson Controls/York E-Link Gateway BACnet Issue

    Hi,

    I am having an issue writing to AV 1 and AV 2. I have read the commissioning and trouble shooting document and even reached out to Johnson Technical support ( though they do not seem in any hurry to return my call), we are writing at priority 13. This is a York air cooled chiller. We can put the unit in remote control and use BV 1 to start/stop the unit with no issues but it will not accept the write commands to the two AV's in question. Any help will be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth\Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,846
    Post Likes
    What is AV1 and AV2?
    Go Rangers!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    What is AV1 and AV2?
    AV1 is remote chilled water set point and AV 2 is remote current demand limit. The documentation states the objects have to have their SOURCE set to R-Setpoint, R-Setup Flag or Network. We cannot find where to access the "SOURCE" to verify how it is set up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    500
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    AV1 is remote chilled water set point and AV 2 is remote current demand limit. The documentation states the objects have to have their SOURCE set to R-Setpoint, R-Setup Flag or Network. We cannot find where to access the "SOURCE" to verify how it is set up.
    It will only accept a write every 15 minutes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    It will only accept a write every 15 minutes.
    Problem is it never writes to it. I would be happy if I could get a write every 15 minutes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    500
    Post Likes
    Can you try to write with a bacnet discovery tool like the one from contemporary controls?
    I’ve used that in the past to isolate similar problems.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Thanks for the replies, yes we have tried it with a contemporary controls router and a KMC 5150E BACnet router. Just not finding how to tell the AV it's "SOURCE". This is being brought into a Trane front end using an SC+

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    7,583
    Post Likes
    Sounds like a setting or 2 in the chiller through the user interface requires adjustment.

    Have the model number of the chiller?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Sounds like a setting or 2 in the chiller through the user interface requires adjustment.

    Have the model number of the chiller?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have set every possible parameter through the York keypad interface, all other documentation wants you to use hyper terminal but seems those settings have nothing to do with the BACnet objects

    This is a York Air Cooled Chiller Model Number YVAA0275EGL46BA

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    7,583
    Post Likes
    Are you using an analog input to the chiller for the remote settings or trying to use written points in bacnet?

    Cause if your doing it via hardwired points, then I believe you need to have the chiller set to local.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Are you using an analog input to the chiller for the remote settings or trying to use written points in bacnet?

    Cause if your doing it via hardwired points, then I believe you need to have the chiller set to local.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything I have tried so far is with the e-link, no hard wire points though I am considering going that route.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •