Post Likes

Setup of Niagara 4 Supervisor on existing 8000

I have an existing network with one 8000 at this time. One ethernet port eth(0) is used for the Bacnet IP network with routers and MS/TP devices etc. The second port is used for local and remote access from the internet and local PC. I installed an N4 Supervisor on the local PC using the the same subnet net as eth(1). When I do a 'discover' from the Supervisor for the station on the Jace, the Supervisor will find the station on the eth(0) subnet. If I then ping the station on the Jace it fails saying that the station is 'not connected'.

I can open the Jace station on the Supervisor PC with no issues but for some reason I am not able to get the 'Supervisor Station' to communicate with the station on the Jace.
    The best solution that I think I found is to set the default gateway on the Jace eth(0) to match the subnet of eth(1) port.

Does this make sense or am I missing something else?

Thanks for your help with this.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Post Likes
    For station to station communication, you need to create an admin for both the supervisor station and the jace station for machine to machine communication.
    Once that's all setup, MAKE SURE TO APPROVE THE TLS security certificate under CertManagerService -> Allowed Hosts

Post Likes
    I have seen Windows or other firewalls on a supervisor pc block the jace connections if an exception wasnt added.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Thanks guys! A combination of both solutions finally worked. Although I had previously created a user in the Supervisor Station I found that it mysteriously disappeared. I created the same user again using the same credentials that I use on the Jace station but after rebooting the PC for another software update that user disappeared again and I no longer had access to the Supervisor station. I had to add a user through the .bog file in the Windows User folder and copy that to the localhost to gain access again.
    Still no ping even though the Jace station would discover the Supervisor station. After making several incremental changes to the firewall and ultimately disabling all protection including the 'Public Network' I was able to ping the Supervisor station and share data.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers