Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I checked the gas pressures and the voltage at the gas valve. I didn’t know what else it could be. I never ran into a problem like this before. That’s why came on here to see what else would cause the sputtering

Post Likes
    Did you check the orifices? sometimes a white corrosion gets around the holes of the brass.

Post Likes
    Yeah I pulled the burners and made sure they were clean

Post Likes
    What about clogged exhaust and/or intake pipes? Would a clogged drain cause the sputtering?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cp3 View Post
    What about clogged exhaust and/or intake pipes? Would a clogged drain cause the sputtering?
    Absolutely.

Post Likes
    Sounds like a lot of guessing...…………

Have you called Tech Support?

Post Likes
    Birds nest or an unlucky squirrel in the flue pipe maybe? what are your inducer amps and pressure looking like?, if u bypass the pressure switch manually after inducer spools in sequence, does it still flutter? (obviously dont let it run for long.)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Small Tech View Post
    Birds nest or an unlucky squirrel in the flue pipe maybe? what are your inducer amps and pressure looking like?, if u bypass the pressure switch manually after inducer spools in sequence, does it still flutter? (obviously dont let it run for long.)

NEVER
    bypass a safety!

Use your volt meter to test

Post Likes
    I had one not too long ago (not a Trane but Carrier) it had sufficient flow to make up the pressure switch and go through the normal start sequence but when the burner came it did pretty much what you said, when it did burn for a couple seconds the flame was pretty lazy. After checking gas valve (pressure & voltages, cleaning flame sensor) found the exhaust partially plugged. It would lock out on weak flame signal. She just did not have enough air flow through it.

Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12