Post Likes

OK.. THE 204 LBS OF R22 ARE GONE

Start up of a Vogt ice machine been shut down for 6 months in the winter . Lost all its gas 1988 machine , traced to the water cooled condenser , The owners face told a tale , I felt bad delivering the news . but they have there own supply of r22 , had a couple of pallets for many years bought at a good price . there other machine holds 550 lbs of r22 and that's 19 years old . this is a decent sized machine with building built around it , not a lot of room to retrofit and alter pipes etc . Up and running now .

Post Likes
    Damn hard to kill a Vogt. Bit fiddly sometimes, but an ice making fool of a machine....

Wonder how some of the replacement gasses would work in one?

We also bought a pallet of gas years back. Have lots left.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Damn hard to kill a Vogt. Bit fiddly sometimes, but an ice making fool of a machine....

Wonder how some of the replacement gasses would work in one?

We also bought a pallet of gas years back. Have lots left.
    Vogts have a lot of seals. Seals leak
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    after repair , leak tested and found a couple of small leaks , seals valves lots of potential .NO do not want to be involved with changing refrigerant on a Vogt , some other fool can play with that .

Post Likes
    I have some seasonal customers. I tell every one of them: please let me shut down the systems in the fall. I'll pump them down and isolate everything. And then in the early spring I'll come out and re-commission everything.

Do any of them ever do it? Nope.

And every spring it's the same thing: "Hey! We are opening up the day after tomorrow and this, and this, and this, and this unit aren't working. You have to get them going - we have food deliveries this afternoon!"

<g>

What did you have to do to replace the condenser?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    Start up of a Vogt ice machine been shut down for 6 months in the winter . Lost all its gas 1988 machine , traced to the water cooled condenser , The owners face told a tale , I felt bad delivering the news . but they have there own supply of r22 , had a couple of pallets for many years bought at a good price . there other machine holds 550 lbs of r22 and that's 19 years old . this is a decent sized machine with building built around it , not a lot of room to retrofit and alter pipes etc . Up and running now .
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.