Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    There's a lot of wisdom right there.

I quit my last job which was mostly refrigeration due to the erratic sleep and eating schedule. Do 99.9% light commercial AC these days, and my mind and body are a lot happier.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Yeah knee pads, and toss them when they start to wear. I don’t have a link but the knee pads tile guys wear are the best. The style that moves your weight off of the knees and onto protected shins.
    As you get older you’ll realize diet and sleep help your body heal too.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    It only gets worse. Few weeks ago I hurt my 'good knee'
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I am going to check those (PHM) knee pads out,

I have always used the knee pads with the hard outer shell.

Post Likes
    Your knees, and back will let you grow old in this trade if you take care of them. Don’t show off or think there’s not time to take care of yourself. If there’s a cart use it. If it’s heavy use a dolly even is you can only get it halfway there, that’s halfway you don’t have to manhandle it. Worked with an old timer he barely carried his coffe mug, we installed commercial cooking equipment ,and we didn’t break a sweat unless we absolutely had to. Learned a lot from that guy

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    There's a lot of wisdom right there.

I quit my last job which was mostly refrigeration due to the erratic sleep and eating schedule. Do 99.9% light commercial AC these days, and my mind and body are a lot happier.
    Where were you 30 years ago when I was starting out?

We are just the opposite. Yesterday at 9pm I was thawing out a coil in a WIC.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Yup. Can say a hearty amen to the block tender... Did that. And Plasterer's hoddie too.

Post Likes
    My career has involved a lot of refrigeration. And I'm thankful for it.

I wouldn't be as good as I am now if I had not done it.

I'm just happy my work schedule is much more regular now.

Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    Where were you 30 years ago when I was starting out?

We are just the opposite. Yesterday at 9pm I was thawing out a coil in a WIC.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    One of the most debilitating, and painful things you can get in life, is "bursitis knee", aka, "roofers knee". The pain is on par with kidney stones, and or a bad case of hemorrhoids, and i have had both... SO, take care of your knees now, by using knee pads, and or ace bandage wrappings with icy hot or similar, as needed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kian78 View Post
    Yea i must confess that I hate these ridiculously long hours.
    I don't mind 10 hours with the occasional 12 but it's kind of impossible to have any kind of 'life after work' when you work morning to night: 7 days a week..

Probably has alot to do with all the knee problems to begin with.
    In this industry seems to be you have to be 100% dedicated to it whether it be long hours not having social life and being away from family during season or it be constantly teaching yourself the endless amount of information you need to know to grow. Stick it out , dont complain to your lead, do everything your asked, soak up absolutely everything he can teach you. As far as your knees go sounds like you just need to adjust, maybe stretch out everyday throughout the day and stay hydrated to keep your body from being injured. When Im out on service and find myself on jobs where Im at a condenser on my knees I use a pad that most suppliers have in stock , they are like 20-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Although I mostly use it to keep my knee clean - I do have a foam pad I keep in the truck. I have learned that if you have a pink one they never go missing on jobs. <g>

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jay g ac View Post
    In this industry seems to be you have to be 100% dedicated to it whether it be long hours not having social life and being away from family during season or it be constantly teaching yourself the endless amount of information you need to know to grow. Stick it out , don’t complain to your lead, do everything your asked, soak up absolutely everything he can teach you. As far as your knees go sounds like you just need to adjust, maybe stretch out everyday throughout the day and stay hydrated to keep your body from being injured. When I’m out on service and find myself on jobs where I’m at a condenser on my knees I use a pad that most suppliers have in stock , they are like 20-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

13. Likes armandomartinez liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Those look to have foam instead of the silicone gel, but the only review I can find says they stay up, there’s replacement straps and rivets available. The fact that there not deemed throw away could attest to there quality.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast