Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Nice Upgrade

Post Likes
    Hate to see the Mexican A/C but amazing work. Static is perfect, you don't see that much. The box under the furnace so the entire media cleaner gets airflow is rare. Keep showing us jobs like this. Might inspire better work from the rest of us!

2. Likes johoff34 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Hate to see the Mexican A/C but amazing work. Static is perfect, you don't see that much. The box under the furnace so the entire media cleaner gets airflow is rare. Keep showing us jobs like this. Might inspire better work from the rest of us!
    Its funny. You dont see static within specs very often but I have to say, the new company I am working for does a fine job on duct design. Most systems are .5-.6 tesp. Unheard of in the Portland area for new construction.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Its funny. You dont see static within specs very often but I have to say, the new company I am working for does a fine job on duct design. Most systems are .5-.6 tesp. Unheard of in the Portland area for new construction.
    I feel like it’s easier for AOR to obtain it. I was in a meeting with a new dealer we were trying to convert from Trane. All new construction, they explained there systems on average are .9”-1.4” of static. I was thinking to myself please don’t get these people lol. More phone calls for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    That is a beautiful install. Ever considered a little metal or clear plastic folder with the service/install manuals mounted on the system with a full start up report including static pressures, amps (with doors on) ect?

We dont get installs like that around here and you cant blame anybody. The main concern is where is the bucket to puke in after spending half a day up in a sweltering muggy attic.

Upside is static pressures aren’t usually much of a problem unless the system has been “upgraded” more then once or some odd design. Its easy enough to run big enough flex. Not so with basement units conditioning two story homes.

Post Likes
    Never mind... I now see your folder. Does that have a start up sheet in it? Tesp and drop across the coil would be awesome. Even better flue temp and other combustion numbers.

Post Likes
    I see holes on either side of the air filter on the old unit. Did you by chance take TESP readings before you did the change out? How much of the duct did you modify? Looks fantastic!
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Never mind... I now see your folder. Does that have a start up sheet in it? Tesp and drop across the coil would be awesome. Even better flue temp and other combustion numbers.

Thanks. Yes I keep a commission sheet in there. I just use the Carrier ones, they’re pretty thorough.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    I see holes on either side of the air filter on the old unit. Did you by chance take TESP readings before you did the change out? How much of the duct did you modify? Looks fantastic!
    Yes. Before static was .7” with a new filter, I thought I would of been much worse. But once I started removing all the tiles to seal the ductwork I found a lot of massive holes. The people who finished the basement took off the registers that were cut into the trunk and didn’t cover the holes.

Post Likes
    That is beautiful! Your customer will be very comfortable.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Looks great. I don't see any installs of that quality around here. Its inspiring to see.

Post Likes
    Whats the three tube manometer for?

Post Likes
    Beautiful work as always. Love the Payne equipment. Keep fighting the good fight...you make every home you step into better. Customers most love you.

14. Likes johoff34 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Whats the three tube manometer for?

I see a Testo 510 which is a 2 port.

Maybe you are seeing the reflection in the shinny duct!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast