Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Corny thinks that's a good thing, and the advancement of our republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    You mean the thievery accomplished by Obama and the democrats? Yeah, the ACA where I would see huge decreases in my medical costs and could keep my doctor. Yeah, that thievery.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

2. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Has he actually done anything to prevent thievery in the medical industry ???

All his pronouncements, his exec orders...... they are all big on words... but as we find out... little on substance.
    You could be right but he's the first president that has even brought up the the unfair billing problem practices in the healthcare industry. A few states have already passed balanced billing laws but they still only help a person if they're insured & start out in network but doesn't stop the outrageous billing practices. We'll have to see what if anything comes out but I can't fault him for making the effort.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    I went to walk-in clinic for cut thumb and got three stitches and tetanus shot. All done in less than 15 minute and the total cost $3800.00. They should post a sign at the counter saying $1000.00 a stitch and $800.00 for tetanus shot.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    You could do the stitches yourself. The materials needed can be bought on the net..... and for numbing the pain of the stitches..... liquor stores abound.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Prior to Obamacare, hospitals and medical practices could write off non payment thru state subsidy programs. Post Obama care, the healthcare TAX, is paid for by the "responsible" employer and employee funding. WE fund the deadbeats. We have always funded the deadbeats, but now instead of the funding coming out of the general tax burden, it comes out of a specific tax burden. Our taxes were raised AGAIN for the deadbeats.

I pay cell phone taxes so the deadbeats can have a cell phone. I pay cable/internet taxes so deadbeats can have cable/internet. I pay uninsured rates so the deadbeats don't need insurance.....and the rest goes to feed and clothe deadbeats and drug addicts.

I would so love to see commercials on tv starring our inner city dwellers with distended stomachs and fly's flying around their lips. "Please donate. Feed us for $.15 a day"

If we were animals, the weak and unproductive would be left to the wolves.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Honey Badger don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Just sayin'.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    [IMG]https://images.app.goo.gl/GFzzCKMWpUh2SVUK7http://https://images.app.goo.gl/GFzzCKMWpUh2SVUK7
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Honey Badger don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Just sayin'.
    Honey badger is awesome
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    You could be right but he's the first president that has even brought up the the unfair billing problem practices in the healthcare industry. A few states have already passed balanced billing laws but they still only help a person if they're insured & start out in network but doesn't stop the outrageous billing practices. We'll have to see what if anything comes out but I can't fault him for making the effort.
    It's a complicated issue. It's not only the padded billing...many factors will have to be addressed to drive costs back down. One of those factors is all of the law suits. Law suits are necessary in the 'check and balance' scheme, but it's gotten way out of hand, making malpractice coverage astronomical & driving medical costs up. I'm with you here. I hope he follows through. Next stop - Big Pharmacy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What about marriage?

PHM
    --------
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    It's a complicated issue. It's not only the padded billing...many factors will have to be addressed to drive costs back down. One of those factors is all of the law suits. Law suits are necessary in the 'check and balance' scheme, but it's gotten way out of hand, making malpractice coverage astronomical & driving medical costs up. I'm with you here. I hope he follows through. Next stop - Big Pharmacy.
    It always seems that whenever healthcare costs are brought up, the problem of malpractice lawsuits are also brought up as one of the problems. The myth of medical malpractice lawsuits has been so strongly planted in our society that almost everyone believes it. If we have a problem in health care, the truth is it's not with lawsuits, it's with malpractice itself & patients suffering & not being compensated. Do some research on the myth of medical malpractice lawsuits & you will see what I'm talking about. Frivolous malpractice lawsuits that ever get any money are rare but you'll hear about those few & never hear about the thousands of malpractice performed that people never even file a lawsuit.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    It always seems that whenever healthcare costs are brought up, the problem of malpractice lawsuits are also brought up as one of the problems. The myth of medical malpractice lawsuits has been so strongly planted in our society that almost everyone believes it. If we have a problem in health care, the truth is it's not with lawsuits, it's with malpractice itself & patients suffering & not being compensated. Do some research on the myth of medical malpractice lawsuits & you will see what I'm talking about. Frivolous malpractice lawsuits that ever get any money are rare but you'll hear about those few & never hear about the thousands of malpractice performed that people never even file a lawsuit.
    I can't say that I have researched, and it is what I've read/heard. You may be right. Honestly, I don't have the time to put in on it, but I'll be interested to see where this thread goes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Prior to Obamacare, hospitals and medical practices could write off non payment thru state subsidy programs. Post Obama care, the healthcare TAX, is paid for by the "responsible" employer and employee funding. WE fund the deadbeats. We have always funded the deadbeats, but now instead of the funding coming out of the general tax burden, it comes out of a specific tax burden. Our taxes were raised AGAIN for the deadbeats.

I pay cell phone taxes so the deadbeats can have a cell phone. I pay cable/internet taxes so deadbeats can have cable/internet. I pay uninsured rates so the deadbeats don't need insurance.....and the rest goes to feed and clothe deadbeats and drug addicts.

I would so love to see commercials on tv starring our inner city dwellers with distended stomachs and fly's flying around their lips. "Please donate. Feed us for $.15 a day"

If we were animals, the weak and unproductive would be left to the wolves.
    You pay a lot of taxes just because the government allows them to do it. Its not all for deadbeats etc.... If they were not giving away free phones and the internet to the poor... businesses like the phone companies and the cable companies would still be adding those fees and surcharges.

You go thru a drive thru in my town and you pay a drive thru tax. You eat in and you pay an eat in tax... If you have natural gas in my town you pay an additional couple of bucks on your bill each month.... residential only... businesses who heat with gas or use gas dont have to pay it.

I went thru a big thing with charter and the city a few years back..... new charge on the bill... I went around in circles trying to find out what the charge was for...... and after talking to many people with charter, the city and the state...... the only answer I received was "the government lets that charge be added to the bill"

So.. you are right that we pay taxes to support a bunch of good for nothing people who probably should just be eliminated from society..... but even if we eliminated all the deadbeats... business... government... would still be adding those surcharges and fees to our bills.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast