Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrier 19DK external oil filter upgrade

I'm going to change from the OEM type that's in the pump to an external cartridge type. I'm wondering if I need to do anything to the regulator. The filter will be downstream of the regulator. Does anyone have any Bulletins or upgrade directions?

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put one of these York filters on a burnt up 19XL one time and didn't have any problems

You know your a stud in the bedroom when the girl your raping comes before you and the cops

3. Likes ruuufuhbock liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pic !
    I have also done the same with no issues a 3 of those machines
    Good mechanics are getting harder to find.....have you encouraged or discouraged a young mechanic today?

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a service bulletin put out by Carrier to perform this upgrade. I have been retired for a few years and unfortunately I do not have access to it....so I have to rely on memory. The internal relief was modified to stay in the closed position to allow for an external regulator. A piece of 1/2" or 5/8" diameter copper, (you can confirm diameter when you have access to the regulator) was cut 1/2" long and inserted inside the existing regulator (the spring and the piston remain). This effectively sealed the regulator closed and allowed full pump pressure to the oil filter canisters. A new regulator was installed downstream of the filter canister and vented back into the oil sump. I used an oil regulator from a 19C chiller which allowed for oil pressure adjustment once all was up and running. Hope this info helps you.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hw chiller man View Post
    There was a service bulletin put out by Carrier to perform this upgrade. I have been retired for a few years and unfortunately I do not have access to it....so I have to rely on memory. The internal relief was modified to stay in the closed position to allow for an external regulator. A piece of 1/2" or 5/8" diameter copper, (you can confirm diameter when you have access to the regulator) was cut 1/2" long and inserted inside the existing regulator (the spring and the piston remain). This effectively sealed the regulator closed and allowed full pump pressure to the oil filter canisters. A new regulator was installed downstream of the filter canister and vented back into the oil sump. I used an oil regulator from a 19C chiller which allowed for oil pressure adjustment once all was up and running. Hope this info helps you.
    That’s what I remember as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here the SB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Info. for external oil filter
    Attached Files Attached Files