Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    You guys ever play golf? To me it’s a lot more difficult and fun...than shooting a rodent.
    Tried it many years ago... well, decades...

Just was not interesting to me.

Firearms and hunting...
    That is manly...
    Grin

(Yes, the comment above was meant to stir the mud... )
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

2. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    You guys ever play golf? To me it’s a lot more difficult and fun...than shooting a rodent.
    Well "maybe" lets compare apples to apples, or maybe yards to yards. I can't hit a possum at 300 yards, can you hit a hole in one, the fun part is all relative.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Well "maybe" lets compare apples to apples, or maybe yards to yards. I can't hit a possum at 300 yards, can you hit a hole in one, the fun part is all relative.
    All my possum shots are easy.. possums that won't leave get capped....as long as they stay away from the house they live.

They like to get in the garage and stay..I started capping them.

If they don't die instantly..some times part of playing dead will be to crap..so then I have crap to clean up as well as disposing of the possum

Sent from my LG Stylo -4

Post Likes
    Name:  t1x.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  23.0 KB

My Tikka T1x in .17hmr. My results with it are mixed but having seen other guys using it the problem is 100% operator error on my part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Name:  t1x.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  23.0 KB

My Tikka T1x in .17hmr. My results with it are mixed but having seen other guys using it the problem is 100% operator error on my part.
    The Tikka’s and SAKO’s I have run were all exceptional
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I made two hole-in-ones back in the day. One of them on a 225 yard hole which is a long par 3. The way I’m playing lately...I may buy a rifle and go to plinking with you guys.

Post Likes
    Set up both the 223 and the 17 with scopes at 100 yards and see which you like better shooting beer cans

I have a 308 open sights , love that gun for deer

You will love the 17 to play with now n then even if you choose the 223

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Set up both the 223 and the 17 with scopes at 100 yards and see which you like better shooting beer cans

I have a 308 open sights , love that gun for deer

You will love the 17 to play with now n then even if you choose the 223
    I purchased a Savage 93R17 bolt action in .17 HMR today. With a 3 to 9 power Bushnell scope. A used gun from a gun shop, not a pawn shop. I am going to add a bipod and then see how it works out for me.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Some may find this interesting or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIWOcJ26-gM
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post

LOL, good video.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes

Yup, thanks for the vid. Fun stuff.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Years ago I had a customer who was totally ate up with hunting "dogs", I swear he would get a chubby just talking about them, he took all his vacations out west to go "dog" hunting. The most excited I ever saw him was when he came back from vacation and his 10 year old daughter had got her first "dog", he had pictures of her and this bloody carcass and you would have thought she had just won a Gold Medal in the Olympics or something, he was something else.

I had my FFL at the time and I got him a Savage 22/250 varmint rifle that he put about a $3k scope on, he was sure into it, he took a job a maintenance director at some college in Georgia and I never heard from him again.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

14. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Years ago I had a customer who was totally ate up with hunting "dogs", I swear he would get a chubby just talking about them, he took all his vacations out west to go "dog" hunting. The most excited I ever saw him was when he came back from vacation and his 10 year old daughter had got her first "dog", he had pictures of her and this bloody carcass and you would have thought she had just won a Gold Medal in the Olympics or something, he was something else.

I had my FFL at the time and I got him a Savage 22/250 varmint rifle that he put about a $3k scope on, he was sure into it, he took a job a maintenance director at some college in Georgia and I never heard from him again.
    If somebody showed me a picture of their kid and a prairie dog I don't think I'd be able to control the laughter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234