Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 52 of 52
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    39,771
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    You guys ever play golf? To me it’s a lot more difficult and fun...than shooting a rodent.
    Tried it many years ago... well, decades...

    Just was not interesting to me.

    Firearms and hunting...
    That is manly...
    Grin

    (Yes, the comment above was meant to stir the mud... )
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  2. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  3. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    19,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    You guys ever play golf? To me it’s a lot more difficult and fun...than shooting a rodent.
    Well "maybe" lets compare apples to apples, or maybe yards to yards. I can't hit a possum at 300 yards, can you hit a hole in one, the fun part is all relative.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

    "Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

    "When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble".

  4. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,865
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Well "maybe" lets compare apples to apples, or maybe yards to yards. I can't hit a possum at 300 yards, can you hit a hole in one, the fun part is all relative.
    All my possum shots are easy.. possums that won't leave get capped....as long as they stay away from the house they live.

    They like to get in the garage and stay..I started capping them.

    If they don't die instantly..some times part of playing dead will be to crap..so then I have crap to clean up as well as disposing of the possum


    Sent from my LG Stylo -4
    ...

  5. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,709
    Post Likes
    Name:  t1x.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  23.0 KB

    My Tikka T1x in .17hmr. My results with it are mixed but having seen other guys using it the problem is 100% operator error on my part.

  6. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pahrump, NV
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Name:  t1x.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  23.0 KB

    My Tikka T1x in .17hmr. My results with it are mixed but having seen other guys using it the problem is 100% operator error on my part.
    The Tikka’s and SAKO’s I have run were all exceptional
    It's an upside down world we live in.

  7. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Well "maybe" lets compare apples to apples, or maybe yards to yards. I can't hit a possum at 300 yards, can you hit a hole in one, the fun part is all relative.
    I made two hole-in-ones back in the day. One of them on a 225 yard hole which is a long par 3. The way I’m playing lately...I may buy a rifle and go to plinking with you guys.

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,728
    Post Likes
    Set up both the 223 and the 17 with scopes at 100 yards and see which you like better shooting beer cans

    I have a 308 open sights , love that gun for deer

    You will love the 17 to play with now n then even if you choose the 223

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,687
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Set up both the 223 and the 17 with scopes at 100 yards and see which you like better shooting beer cans

    I have a 308 open sights , love that gun for deer

    You will love the 17 to play with now n then even if you choose the 223
    I purchased a Savage 93R17 bolt action in .17 HMR today. With a 3 to 9 power Bushnell scope. A used gun from a gun shop, not a pawn shop. I am going to add a bipod and then see how it works out for me.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a tree looking in your window
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Likes
    Some may find this interesting or not.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIWOcJ26-gM
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    14,576
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Some may find this interesting or not.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIWOcJ26-gM
    LOL, good video.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    “They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    "This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

  12. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,687
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Some may find this interesting or not.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIWOcJ26-gM
    Yup, thanks for the vid. Fun stuff.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  13. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a tree looking in your window
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Likes
    Years ago I had a customer who was totally ate up with hunting "dogs", I swear he would get a chubby just talking about them, he took all his vacations out west to go "dog" hunting. The most excited I ever saw him was when he came back from vacation and his 10 year old daughter had got her first "dog", he had pictures of her and this bloody carcass and you would have thought she had just won a Gold Medal in the Olympics or something, he was something else.

    I had my FFL at the time and I got him a Savage 22/250 varmint rifle that he put about a $3k scope on, he was sure into it, he took a job a maintenance director at some college in Georgia and I never heard from him again.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

  14. Likes Core_d liked this post
  15. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,709
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Years ago I had a customer who was totally ate up with hunting "dogs", I swear he would get a chubby just talking about them, he took all his vacations out west to go "dog" hunting. The most excited I ever saw him was when he came back from vacation and his 10 year old daughter had got her first "dog", he had pictures of her and this bloody carcass and you would have thought she had just won a Gold Medal in the Olympics or something, he was something else.

    I had my FFL at the time and I got him a Savage 22/250 varmint rifle that he put about a $3k scope on, he was sure into it, he took a job a maintenance director at some college in Georgia and I never heard from him again.
    If somebody showed me a picture of their kid and a prairie dog I don't think I'd be able to control the laughter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •