Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Sorry, doesn't make sense. Sometimes we need to use a low flame. So we use less acetylene. Pressure at the regulator is essentially meaningless so long as there is enough pressure to throttle back.

I've only got three tips on my work rig. One is a rose bud. Everything else is done with pressure.

In a perfect world, I guess you'd have a dozen tips. I've never lived in a perfect world.
    It makes sense that's why I suggest people should follow it. If you need less heat. Use a smaller tip. That's how it works man you know that. Using lower flame getting the tip hottest crap does not cut it man. It should not be a suggested practice that's when the trouble starts. You just heard firsthand how old buddy was had to shut off his Rosebud due to a game so hot that's just the same thing happens with a regular brazing tip it gets hot. Anywho I'm not trying to argue man you can have your opinion I have these facts from school. Cheers bud . It's Friday let's have some damn fun!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yeah, you'd need a couple of dozen tips to follow that rule !!
    Bs bro bs. You know you're wrong.. Or just never used a rise bud...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Type 17-15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Post a pick.

Post Likes
    I've got three tips on my work rig. Tips never get too hot.

I start by setting the acetylene. When it is low flow, there is a ton of soot. Need that sometimes for delicate or critical jobs.

Since I have no problems with my soldering, brazing, or welding, it would be very difficult for me to change what it is that I'm doing.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I've got three tips on my work rig. Tips never get too hot.

I start by setting the acetylene. When it is low flow, there is a ton of soot. Need that sometimes for delicate or critical jobs.

Since I have no problems with my soldering, brazing, or welding, it would be very difficult for me to change what it is that I'm doing.
    You don't have to change it. Just know it shouldn't be recommended bud. How would you have felt if you told buddy to go and set his torch tips low like you've been setting yours and he burnt his hand like he just said it got hot he came on here pissed off it was yelling or got hurt?

If you start with acetylene at the manufacturers recommended PSI there will be no soot however if you slowly crank up the PSI then try to light before you get to the manufacturer spec PSI yes you will have sec. I understand where you're coming from but it washes off bro it wipes right off.

Post Likes
    https://youtu.be/aszJZeIlRgE

That’s a short vid of oxy arrestor chattering.

Plus this horrible pic of the rosebud

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    https://youtu.be/aszJZeIlRgE

That’s a short vid of oxy arrestor chattering.

Plus this horrible pic of the rosebud

Ok that looks like a #2 bud. Don't be afraid to set the flame at the manufacturer's recommendations man. I'll try mine out when I get to the house this evening and post a video some kind of way like you have of my flame on my number 3. I'll show you how to set mine up at manufacturer's recommended PSI

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Ok that looks like a #2 bud. Don't be afraid to set the flame at the manufacturer's recommendations man. I'll try mine out when I get to the house this evening and post a video some kind of way like you have of my flame on my number 3. I'll show you how to set mine up at manufacturer's recommended PSI

Ok, thanks.

Post Likes
    The bigger point here is that if I'm splicing a capillary tube, I want low heat, so I throttle it back at the knobs on the handle. Doesn't freakin' matter what pressure the regulators are at.

Or If I'm doing 1 5/8's, then yeah, probably no soot, since I'll be running the rose bud at max.

Using soot as the measure probably works in a perfect world, but I do not live in a perfect world.

You don't have to change it. Just know it shouldn't be recommended bud. How would you have felt if you told buddy to go and set his torch tips low like you've been setting yours and he burnt his hand like he just said it got hot he came on here pissed off it was yelling or got hurt?

If you start with acetylene at the manufacturers recommended PSI there will be no soot however if you slowly crank up the PSI then try to light before you get to the manufacturer spec PSI yes you will have sec. I understand where you're coming from but it washes off bro it wipes right off.

Post Likes
    https://youtu.be/CzpDVTThyD8

That’s rosebud with 9 psi acetylene and 13 oxy. Specs say 8 ace and 10 oxy but I’ve heard arrestors have a bit of pressure drop.

Post Likes
    Hey man I understand. I typically just back away with the torch and give it to enough heat tothe brazing rod on to the cap tube then heat it up capillary action does the rest. However man we've had this battle many times. Let's not argue over something so silly. Because at the end of the day you're still a dick rookie that cares more about brazing than me lol

Post Likes
    LOL

Yes, I care that my soldering, brazing or welding is as pretty as I can make it.

I have a rep to maintain.

If I don't try to do the absolute best that I can, then I'd be little more than all of the other hacks in this field.

Hey man I understand. I typically just back away with the torch and give it to enough heat tothe brazing rod on to the cap tube then heat it up capillary action does the rest. However man we've had this battle many times. Let's not argue over something so silly. Because at the end of the day you're still a dick rookie that cares more about brazing than me lol

13. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    For what it is worth, I am even a certified welder. Well, I used to be. If you don't weld for six months, then you need to get re-certified. So that certification lapsed shortly after I got into this trade.

Point being, is that there is a whole lot of skill and practice involved to even make simple solder and braze joints that will hold up under an X-ray analysis. Once you get to that point, looking at the soot is something that really means nothing.

We're looking at the flame, not the soot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast