Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    GET TRUMP
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    How about Trump! He's scare to death of Mueller testifying before congress too.
    As for being suckered, I'm not the one who has been convinced that a draft dodger is a patriot or a would be dictator is good for the country & cares about the people.
    I'm 'suckered' into all you've mentioned except the 'draft dodger' bit (which I did investigate, but found no supporting facts). Also, I'm curious about the 'would be dictator' comment. Are you saying that he would be a dictator if the Left weren't 'keeping him in check?

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    I hear it almost constantly said by my liberal friends that President Trump will either declare himself President For Life - or will simply refuse to leave the White House if he ever loses an election. The Secret Service will act as his private army and protect him no matter what.

And no; I am not making that up! <g>

I had dinner with a guy like that last night and all he could talk about was how "Trump has ruined the country!".

And then no matter what success I mentioned he dismissed it as being bad anyway.

The rabid visceral anti-passion really does appear to be a kind of madness which refuses all attempts at logical discussion.

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I'm 'suckered' into all you've mentioned except the 'draft dodger' bit (which I did investigate, but found no supporting facts). Also, I'm curious about the 'would be dictator' comment. Are you saying that he would be a dictator if the Left weren't 'keeping him in check?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I hear it almost constantly said by my liberal friends that President Trump will either declare himself President For Life - or will simply refuse to leave the White House if he ever loses an election. The Secret Service will act as his private army and protect him no matter what.

And no; I am not making that up! <g>

I had dinner with a guy like that last night and all he could talk about was how "Trump has ruined the country!".

And then no matter what success I mentioned he dismissed it as being bad anyway.

The rabid visceral anti-passion really does appear to be a kind of madness which refuses all attempts at logical discussion.

PHM
    --------------
    It's amazing how the conspiracy theories abound, accepted and defended without the benefit of fact (Secret Service???!).

They hammered on the same subject during the 2016 campaign. They all maligned Trump because they "knew" that 'when' he lost the election, he wouldn't accept the results. And now, for 2 years, they have not only not accepted the results, but have done everything they can to nullify, impeach, convict.

Oh, the irony!!

7. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    It should say something when the democrats are trying to force Barr to break the law.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

9. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    But it only says something to people who care about the law.

PHM
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    It should say something when the democrats are trying to force Barr to break the law.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Can a subpoena to Barr even be legal if it is demanding an illegal action be taken?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Congress will probably just hold Barr in contempt. Our last AG, Holder, was held in contempt. And nothing changed. He just kept on doing what he was doing.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    I would think: no. And the lawyer issuing it would be subject to disbarment proceedings I believe.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    . . . . Can a subpoena to Barr even be legal if it is demanding an illegal action be taken?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    The Barr subpoena will be shot down in the SCOTUS. Unfortunately some or all the liberals on the court will try to support the subpoena. Any of them that do should be impeached for violation of their constitutional oath. The democrats know it can't stand but think they can use it against Trump in the election. Judging by some of the dim wit comments on here there will be some that swallow that crap but I don't see them gaining votes with this garbage.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    What I cannot easily wrap my head around is why the Democrats don't just forget about President Trump. Act as though he means nothing, offhandedly dismiss him and his opinions at every opportunity, and then simply choose a President from their own ranks and support that person to the exclusion of everything else.

What they are doing seems to me to be shooting themselves in the foot at every turn. I think it's every increasingly hard for any mainstream American to take them seriously.

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    The Barr subpoena will be shot down in the SCOTUS. Unfortunately some or all the liberals on the court will try to support the subpoena. Any of them that do should be impeached for violation of their constitutional oath. The democrats know it can't stand but think they can use it against Trump in the election. Judging by some of the dim wit comments on here there will be some that swallow that crap but I don't see them gaining votes with this garbage.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Hate Poodle does crazy things to people and the democrats and some republicans hate Trump more than they love this country. This all makes as much sense as Hank Johnson being afraid Guam might overturn.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Everything the Democrats say and do has little to do with fact and everything to do with emotion.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast