Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 186
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,993
    Post Likes

    Who's afraid of the Mueller report?

    It is very logical & understandable that Trump & Barr want to hide the complete Mueller report from congress. After all Trump & most of the GOP were rejoicing & assuming Trump was cleared on all wrong doing so there is no need for anyone else to see the report especially if it didn't help their cause. What I don't understand is why the American people don't want to know the truth & would just rather hear a synopsis from some politician or a political appointee. What are the American people afraid of? To be honest, if the whole Mueller report was published I wouldn't bother to read it. I'm too lazy & really don't care that much so I would just wait for someone else to highlight anything of any substance in the report. I don't know if the report really does exonerate Trump or condemn him but I'm sure not afraid to know its contents. I would think no American should fear it's contents except those it may implicate. Is your allegiance to your party or your president so strong that you do fear its contents?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    wahpeton nd
    Posts
    21
    Post Likes
    Mueller said there was no crime no collusion. Attorney General agreed with Mueller. They have read or wrote the whole thing. So is there a secret line in there that will nail Trump for the crimes he must have done. Trump is a crook right. We just have to find that paragraph in the report dont we? I dont think so. Sorry its not there. Who is afraid of the report. Well the Democrats,because its just a 30million nothing burger again.

  3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,334
    Post Likes
    Gary, any objective American already knows what's in the Mueller report. Lets go over what we know. Trump did not conspire with the Russians in any way, which was the only reason for the Mueller report in the first place. Trumps team like all politicians try and get dirt on their opponents. And yes Trump was mad and did try, and was looking to stop the investigation, as like he said all along, he did nothing wrong and it was for the most part a witch hunt. Any further nonsense from Congress is seen by most for what it is, just political BS. Smart people have moved on and are more concerned with things like the economy, global affairs, immigration, etc.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,709
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    And yes Trump was mad and did try, and was looking to stop the investigation
    That is textbook obstruction of justice.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,993
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Gary, any objective American already knows what's in the Mueller report. Lets go over what we know. Trump did not conspire with the Russians in any way, which was the only reason for the Mueller report in the first place. Trumps team like all politicians try and get dirt on their opponents. And yes Trump was mad and did try, and was looking to stop the investigation, as like he said all along, he did nothing wrong and it was for the most part a witch hunt. Any further nonsense from Congress is seen by most for what it is, just political BS. Smart people have moved on and are more concerned with things like the economy, global affairs, immigration, etc.
    You could be right but then you could also be wrong. Neither of us have any way of knowing any more than that until the complete report is revealed to make an informed decision. I've heard both sides opinions & depending on who you want to believe the report says totally opposite things. I would think everyone would want the contents of the report revealed except for those who have something to hide. So why not have it out in the open?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,993
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by davej View Post
    Mueller said there was no crime no collusion. Attorney General agreed with Mueller. They have read or wrote the whole thing. So is there a secret line in there that will nail Trump for the crimes he must have done. Trump is a crook right. We just have to find that paragraph in the report dont we? I dont think so. Sorry its not there. Who is afraid of the report. Well the Democrats,because its just a 30million nothing burger again.
    From other sources I've heard that Mueller said just the opposite & Mueller did not agree with Barr's report of his findings. Again you are wrong because the Dems are the ones who want the report revealed & the Reps are afraid of what the report might reveal.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  8. Likes netsalt liked this post
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,334
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    You could be right but then you could also be wrong. Neither of us have any way of knowing any more than that until the complete report is revealed to make an informed decision. I've heard both sides opinions & depending on who you want to believe the report says totally opposite things. I would think everyone would want the contents of the report revealed except for those who have something to hide. So why not have it out in the open?
    I didn’t get into about whether the Russians tried and did influence the election because I believe that even though it’s related it is a different topic. Trump is a very insecure ego maniac. He does not want to accept on any level that the Russians or any other outsider may have helped him win. It’s true that we need other adults in the room to take up the mantle to try and stop any foreign influence in our elections. But the main thing the Dems want now is just to take Trump down on what amounts to nothing as far as most objective Americans believe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,709
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    From other sources I've heard that Mueller said just the opposite & Mueller did not agree with Barr's report of his findings. Again you are wrong because the Dems are the ones who want the report revealed & the Reps are afraid of what the report might reveal.
    The report literally said that Trump wasn't exonerated. That is the problem. Mueller could have said Trump was guilty or that he was totally innocent but instead he doesn't make a conclusion at all so Team Trump runs around screaming that he was innocent the entire time and it was a witch hunt. Naturally the other side wants to know what it means when it says Trump wasn't exonerated and to my thinking that is what everyone should be focusing on too. Would you hire a babysitter for your kids if you knew he wasn't convicted of molesting children but also not exonerated for molesting children? You'd probably want a little clarification there before you left for the evening.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arrowhead Stadium
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Likes
    They have evidence trump committed 5 felonies while in office, but won’t indict a sitting president. Oh wait, but Hillary’s emails.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    wahpeton nd
    Posts
    21
    Post Likes
    From what people in the know say 96% of the report is available to the public. 98% available to the congress. So that 4% is where the smoking gun is I guess. Not likely good try tho. This is no longer a law enforcement or law breaking issue it is pure politics.Lets get dirt on Trump while complaining that he tried to get dirt on us. Dems cant let it go. On a positive note since the Dems are so involved with getting trump they can not mess with the rest of the country with some stupid policies or laws. A do nothing congress is not necessarily a bad thing.

  13. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  14. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    5,966
    Post Likes
    Court Ruling Implies That Barr Must Redact Grand-Jury Info from Mueller Report
    By Andrew C. McCarthy April 5, 2019

    Democrats will complain, but the attorney general can’t be faulted for following the law.
    In disclosing the Mueller report, Attorney General William P. Barr will have to redact grand-jury information. That is the upshot of the ruling today by a divided panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

    I flagged this case, now called McKeever v. Barr (formerly McKeever v. Sessions), last week. It did not arise out of the Mueller investigation, but it obviously has significant ramifications for the Mueller report — in particular, how much of it we will get to see.

    At issue was this question: Does a federal court have the authority to order disclosure of grand-jury materials if the judge decides that the interests of justice warrant doing so; or is the judge limited to the exceptions to grand-jury secrecy that are spelled out in Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure? The D.C. Circuit’s McKeever ruling holds that the text of Rule 6(e) controls. Consequently, judges have no authority to authorize disclosure outside the rule.

    This is significant for the Mueller report because Rule 6(e) does not contain an exception to secrecy that would permit disclosure to Congress.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...y-information/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,993
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Court Ruling Implies That Barr Must Redact Grand-Jury Info from Mueller Report
    By Andrew C. McCarthy April 5, 2019

    Democrats will complain, but the attorney general can’t be faulted for following the law.
    In disclosing the Mueller report, Attorney General William P. Barr will have to redact grand-jury information. That is the upshot of the ruling today by a divided panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

    I flagged this case, now called McKeever v. Barr (formerly McKeever v. Sessions), last week. It did not arise out of the Mueller investigation, but it obviously has significant ramifications for the Mueller report — in particular, how much of it we will get to see.

    At issue was this question: Does a federal court have the authority to order disclosure of grand-jury materials if the judge decides that the interests of justice warrant doing so; or is the judge limited to the exceptions to grand-jury secrecy that are spelled out in Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure? The D.C. Circuit’s McKeever ruling holds that the text of Rule 6(e) controls. Consequently, judges have no authority to authorize disclosure outside the rule.

    This is significant for the Mueller report because Rule 6(e) does not contain an exception to secrecy that would permit disclosure to Congress.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...y-information/
    If there is a valid legal reason to redact things from the report then I agree that it should be upheld unless the court is over ruled. That still doesn't have anything to do with my point as to why any average American should be afraid of the whole report being exposed.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,832
    Post Likes
    I am afraid of the Mueller Report. Very afraid.

    I am afraid that it's massive waste of time, money, and much more importantly; Diverted Public Attention, will continue to go on.

    Here are my questions -

    Why was the investigation leading to 'the report' not done without fanfare and constant scrutiny?

    Why was an investigation conducted like a circus act?

    And why did it go on for two solid years without a single negative-factor leaking of it's contents?

    Why was the entire police-matter investigation publicly 'trialed' in the media?

    Any ideas?

    PHM
    -----------




    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    It is very logical & understandable that Trump & Barr want to hide the complete Mueller report from congress. After all Trump & most of the GOP were rejoicing & assuming Trump was cleared on all wrong doing so there is no need for anyone else to see the report especially if it didn't help their cause. What I don't understand is why the American people don't want to know the truth & would just rather hear a synopsis from some politician or a political appointee. What are the American people afraid of? To be honest, if the whole Mueller report was published I wouldn't bother to read it. I'm too lazy & really don't care that much so I would just wait for someone else to highlight anything of any substance in the report. I don't know if the report really does exonerate Trump or condemn him but I'm sure not afraid to know its contents. I would think no American should fear it's contents except those it may implicate. Is your allegiance to your party or your president so strong that you do fear its contents?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  17. Likes lions_lair liked this post
Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •