Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    The conglomerate farms will hang on.... Might be some smaller family farms that get hurt by this... but they are far and few between.

I heard a guy whining on the news about this tonight. "I voted for him and I support him but enough is enough"

I dont feel the least bit sorry for someone like that..... I mean... I hate that they might lose the farm..... which probably aint gonna happen... they will just go deeper in debt for a while..... but... they voted for this trade war.....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The conglomerate farms will hang on.... Might be some smaller family farms that get hurt by this... but they are far and few between.

I heard a guy whining on the news about this tonight. "I voted for him and I support him but enough is enough"

I dont feel the least bit sorry for someone like that..... I mean... I hate that they might lose the farm..... which probably aint gonna happen... they will just go deeper in debt for a while..... but... they voted for this trade war.....
    Well at least we didn't vote for a communist take over of our government corn like you did. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well at least we didn't vote for a communist take over of our government corn like you did. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Just about what I expected.

Guy loosing his butt, pays no taxes, flying around in a jet, marrying super model....makes perfect sense.

Post Likes
    Pretty damn close to communism when the federal government is taking taxpayer money to keep farmers in business.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Pretty damn close to communism when the federal government is taking taxpayer money to keep farmers in business.
    Nah Suey, Trump is taking the money from the Chinese with the tariffs he is putting on their exports to America.

Yeah Trump is looking after us real Americans and not the illegals and communists. Trump 2020. Thank you, thank you very much

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Tariffs are just a tax.

What does the government do with tariff money? Can I expect my income taxes to go down since my new tv and car cost more due to tariff tax?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Tariffs are just a tax.

What does the government do with tariff money? Can I expect my income taxes to go down since my new tv and car cost more due to tariff tax?

The objective of a tariff is to make certain imported goods so expensive that they do not get purchased. The consumer purchases the locally made alternative if there is one and the country we subject the tariff on is hurt economically. The idea is to equalize an economic inequality between two countries or bring the other country to the bargaining table.

Tariff wars are not nice and rarely work out well. At least in the history of economics that I studied in college.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The objective of a tariff is to make certain imported goods so expensive that they do not get purchased. The consumer purchases the locally made alternative if there is one and the country we subject the tariff on is hurt economically. The idea is to equalize an economic inequality between two countries or bring the other country to the bargaining table.

Tariff wars are not nice and rarely work out well. At least in the history of economics that I studied in college.
    That’s a good explanation.

Free trade is either good or bad. Either close the borders, or leave them open. I say leave them open and compete. And buy cheap TVs...

Post Likes
    Nah Suey, Trump is taking the money from the Chinese with the tariffs he is putting on their exports to America.

Yeah Trump is looking after us real Americans and not the illegals and communists. Trump 2020. Thank you, thank you very much
    The exporter doesn't pay the tariff it is a tax added at the port of entry paid by the importer Trump is taking money from Americans and then using it to pay farmers almost like a redistribution of wealth you could say.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    The exporter doesn't pay the tariff it is a tax added at the port of entry paid by the importer Trump is taking money from Americans and then using it to pay farmers almost like a redistribution of wealth you could say.
    Yeah, trump saying we are taking in billions of dollars in Chinese money is laughable. Sometimes you don't have a choice but to buy the higher priced item due to availability or time. American importers pay more that they then pass on to the wholesaler then on to the consumer.

Post Likes
    Just like his winning “deal “ with North Korea’s leader.
    “Beautiful Letter “

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

True Hugh, but, ...... When the bulk of Merchandise that one picks up, at the Dollar General, Walmart, Home Depot, Auto Zone,etc., has that Old Time Favorite "Made in China", & those Businesses have yet to fall back upon American Suppliers, ... "IF", there are any, .... Then who pays the Tariff?

I dug in to a lot of Data recently about who overall ends up paying these Tariffs, & frankly it Shocked & Angered me.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast