Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I thought I heard the main reason for the family owned farms disappearing was due to the tax code. The 'children' who inherit the farms need to pay so much in taxes, they need to sell the farm in order to pay the taxes.

Been going on like this for decades, if I'm not mistaken.

I suppose if the family put the farm into something like a family trust, then those taxes would not need to be paid, because there would be nothing inherited. But, apparently, no one is telling these farmers those things.
    --------------

Brother, I personally know many Farmers that are Farming the land that their Grand-parents & Great Grand parents Farmed.

If One Wisely knows how to hand the Farms down, it can be done without Economically breaking the back of those that receive the Inheritance.

Problem is, ... With all of the Government Programs & Increasing Costs, as well as the Markets being eroded by actions taken in Washington by Democrats & Republicans, ... Many a "Family Owned Farm" is under Attack.

The "Rich Corporate Farms", receive Subsidies & many "considerations" not given to what one could call a "Working Man", who works land that has been in the family for many decades.

Trump's Admin., gave Millions of Dollars to "The Corporate Farms", that are more or less "In Bed" with Trump. Those "Corporate Farms", can easily write off losses, just like Trump, but The Family Farmer can't, for some Ludicrous Political reason.

The really Ironic Part about all of this, is that before the 20th Century, ... America was largely made up of Farmers, with that being "tight knit" Families.

Now, In Our "Facebook/ Instant gratification World", as these Farms disappear, & are Replaced by Big Business, as well as massive Government Intrusion, ... Many are not Aware of what We are losing.

Wisconsin Farm Loan Delinquencies Jump To Levels Not Seen Since 2001

by Tyler Durden
    Sun, 09/08/2019 - 10:18

"The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) warned Thursday that farmers across the Central and Midwest US were quickly falling behind on agriculture loans held by community banks, according to Reuters.

In a quarterly report of loan delinquency data of US banks, published by the FDIC, there was no direct reference to President Trump's trade war with China. But the report noted that credit deterioration in agriculture loans, specifically in Wisconsin, were alarming.

"We continue to monitor risks in the agriculture sector connected to low commodity prices and farm incomes," the FDIC said in a statement.

The report showed the percentage of overdue farm loans rose to 2.9% at community banks across the state as of June 30, the highest rate since 2001."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-not-seen-2001
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    People who want to farm are dying off. 21 century. Most kids don’t want a life of 20 hour days. Lot easier to sell out and let the conglomerate bring in the mex slave labor.
    What if "Cheap Labor" & Big Corporate Write offs eliminated Your Job Corny? If You saw that coming, would You be concerned?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415