Post Likes

Siemens Insight 3.15 Zone temp Sharing

I have a site im working on that has insight 3.15 and FLN TECs. Is there an easy way to peer to peer a zone temp from one TEC to another TEC.During remodeling they removed several walls to create an open space. rather than having several zone sensors mounted to ceiling tiles i would rather have one of the perimiter VAVs control one of the other VAV's. application in the TEC are 2026. I am a JCI and tridium person so siemens is a little foreign but i have worked with WCIS and replaced a few of the cards and zone sensors here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodrob View Post
    I have a site im working on that has insight 3.15 and FLN TECs. Is there an easy way to peer to peer a zone temp from one TEC to another TEC.During remodeling they removed several walls to create an open space. rather than having several zone sensors mounted to ceiling tiles i would rather have one of the perimiter VAVs control one of the other VAV's. application in the TEC are 2026. I am a JCI and tridium person so siemens is a little foreign but i have worked with WCIS and replaced a few of the cards and zone sensors here.
    You can override the CTL TEMP point in the destination TEC with the value from the source TEC. This will have to be done in PPCL and I would make sure to not do this every time the program runs but maybe once a second or slower.

Post Likes
    You'd have to make sure that CTL STPT is an unbundled point and you would have to do this in PPCL. I could give you the code if I knew what the TECs were named.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    thanks, i will be back on site next week, i will try to get this info then.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MPeterson21 View Post
    You'd have to make sure that CTL STPT is an unbundled point and you would have to do this in PPCL. I could give you the code if I knew what the TECs were named.

VAV to reference I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:ROOM TEMP
    VAV to peer to I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:ROOM TEMP

thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodrob View Post
    VAV to reference I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:ROOM TEMP
    VAV to peer to I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:ROOM TEMP

thanks in advance.
    Sample(30) Set(@OPER,”I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:ROOM TEMP","I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:CTL STPT")

Post Likes
    My PPCL is a little rusty, but I think you just sent the value of the room temperature in TEC A to the setpoint of TEC B at a 30 second interval in Operator/BN08 priority.

My choice for synching two zones is to code a transfer of both setpoint and temperature into the PXCM

C L2.236 and L1.109 ARE ONE ZONE WITH TSTAT ON L1.109
    C
    SAMPLE(30) SET(@OPER,"I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:CTL TEMP","I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:CTL TEMP")
    SAMPLE(30) SET(@OPER,"I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:CTL STPT","I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:CTL STPT")

All associated subpoints must be unbundled to be writable.

Not for nothing, but are you sure about those TEC names? An Average Joe would say those are on two different floors of a building.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    My PPCL is a little rusty, but I think you just sent the value of the room temperature in TEC A to the setpoint of TEC B at a 30 second interval in Operator/BN08 priority.

My choice for synching two zones is to code a transfer of both setpoint and temperature into the PXCM

C L2.236 and L1.109 ARE ONE ZONE WITH TSTAT ON L1.109
    C
    SAMPLE(30) SET(@OPER,"I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:CTL TEMP","I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:CTL TEMP")
    SAMPLE(30) SET(@OPER,"I.LS02E.PVAV.L1.109:CTL STPT","I.LS02E.PVAV.L2.236:CTL STPT")

All associated subpoints must be unbundled to be writable.

Not for nothing, but are you sure about those TEC names? An Average Joe would say those are on two different floors of a building.
    This works. Sorry I definitely posted the wrong code. I meant CTL TEMP and not STPT.