Post Likes

Excessive Evaporation from pool via PoolPak

Hi all, I'm new to these forums but desperately need help with our system. I have a PoolPak system (PPK160204) servicing a 5000 sq ft natatorium with heated lap and dive pools. Air temp set to 85 degrees, water to 84, and humidity to 55%. In the past 3 months we have seen excessive water loss and have checked the pump system backwards and forwards to ensure no leaks. We had this same situation occur in the winter/spring of 2018 and the culprit was a limit switch on the gas heat of the unit. Once corrected, everything went back to normal. The issue is back but we've checked the switch and its fine. This issue is killing us in chemical and water cost so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post Likes
    Have you informed the installing contractor, what did they find?

Post Likes
    Water and air temp are set much too close.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Just had the system thoroughly tested by a certified PoolPak tech. No excessive evaporation on the system's part. He did download the performance log to send to PoolPak just in case but really found nothing malfunctioning. Oh well, back to the pool leak theory...

Post Likes
    There must be a MINIMUM of 2* between the water and air setpoint. And the water must be the lower of the two setpoints.
    There’s a yellow sticker in the unit on the back of the control compartment door with the design conditions written down. What are they?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486