+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yogapipe!

Post Likes

Yogapipe!

Has anyone seen this or more importantly use it?

Poodle Head Mikey is online now Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Your mention and this video are the first time I have ever heard of it or seen it - so no; I've never used it.

What is the advantage of it? If people are too stupid or careless to solder or braze joints properly - why / how would this system make them more skilled and caring? <g>

I imagine that it could work well enough - it seems fairly similar to what has been used for vehicle AC system's piping for decades and those hoses and fittings almost never leak.

How much do all the tools cost?

How much does the tubing cost?

How much do the fittings cost?

Are angled fittings also available?

PHM
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Has anyone seen this or more importantly use it?

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I don't know. I saw an email advertisement for it, it claimed to be cheaper and faster with less waste. It comes in 200 foot rolls. Supposedly it would save about $200 over the cost of 9-3/8x3/4 line sets. I assume it comes with the white insulation but wasn't clear in the ad.

Post Likes
    I know of a guy using it. I saw it once. It basically looks like pex tubing. Each line had the white insulation on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I can see good and bad in it. It is sure gong to screw up the next guy that thinks he is going to reuse the line set without looking at it.

There was another thread about aluminum line sets. I wonder if this is what they were talking about.

Post Likes
    The connection adapters look very restrictive. And on the suction lines may cause some problems with oil return.

Post Likes

8. Likes GoCougs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yeah, I can see about as many problems as it solves. I don't know if the fittings would be any more restrictive than the kink we saw in another thread. You still have to get out a torch. If you make a weak joint when you solder and stress that joint with the crimp tool and cause a crack you're screwed. How easy is it to damage an o-ring while sliding on the tube? How long do the o-rings last? Can you use a regular bender on it?

And that's why I started this thread to see if it is being used!

10. Likes CFESAmasterEGSR liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If they had complete braze free version with adaptors with flare nuts, then I could see a place for it in the VRF market. But even then, do you want your job to be the guinea pig?

Post Likes
    Our company is trying it on an apartment complex we are doing. I haven't worked with it myself, but the guys there seem to like it. Say it's a lot easier to run up through the building to the roof than copper and can easily bend it where it needs to go. Oh and if i remember right they also said the insulation or outer coating whatever it is, is a lot stronger/slipperier so less headache over holes in armaflex.

Post Likes
    I am always skeptical. I want to see stuff work in the field for several years before I try it. That's one thing I like about being in the heart of the country. All the new stuff goes to the coast and by the time it is available here most of the kinks have been worked out of it.

Post Likes
    Looks pretty good to me. You’re basically using what would equate to an automobile line set.

Seal is accomplished using 3 o rings. I kinda like the idea.. Looks just as good as zoomlock.....that relies on o rings also.

Wonder if they’d send me a bunch of free stuff to field test.

Post Likes
    Better than the woven isolation lines im sure

Post Likes
    I've been using it for almost 2 years. Company decision, not mine

It is slightly easier to run than copper
    Yes you can use a regular tubing bender with it
    I havent damaged an O ring with it yet or seen one fail, but dont forget to ream the pipe
    If you do damage, or more likely lose an O ring a supply shop should be able to order extras

Yogapipe needs to be protected from the sun, that means you'll be insulating both lines outside the house
    Dont know about your area but they want you to do a training course before they sell it to you here
    Our kit with the crimping heads, handle, and reamers has a bit of weight to it

I'll be replacing my own AC this week and plan to use copper. I personally have no faith in plastics lasting that long

Post Likes
    Guys - be careful with your decision to put your company's name on this product. We won't sell it at the distributor that I own.

CONSUMER ALERT PEX-AL-PEX FOR REFRIGERANT GASES (1).pdf

Post Likes
    Pex-Al-Pex?

Back in the day, you could get a precharged flexible lineset with Airco (?) fittings. Everything was precharged and designed for M/H installers. Worked well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Pex-Al-Pex?

Back in the day, you could get a precharged flexible lineset with Airco (?) fittings. Everything was precharged and designed for M/H installers. Worked well.
    I may be wrong but i think it is an 'aeroquip' fitting

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    No thanks. For now.

Post Likes
    Yogapipe is Pert-Al-Pert, which is like Pex-Al-Pex only cheaper and less capable because the polyethylene is not crosslinked. Every company that makes multi-layer plastics says they have a proprietary process or adhesive or layering...still a plumbing product that cannot be exposed to the sun. No thank you.

https://mechanicalbusiness.com/2017/...dds-new-brand/

May 23, 2017
    E.S. Gallagher is now distributing YogaPipe, a flexible multi-layer polyethylene (PERT) pipe designed for use in air conditioning and refrigeration applications. Manufactured by WRW, YogaPipe replaces the company’s Multi-Flex brand of pipe. Existing inventories of Multi-Flex will continue to be sold through Canadian distribution partners as E.S. Gallagher navigates the transition. The transition and new branding will not affect the warranties on Multi-Flex products sold through E.S. Gallagher. All tools designed for use with Multi-Flex are also compatible with YogaPipe.

Post Likes
    I've used this for about a year. Same thing, company decision, not mine. Positive side is that you can braze the connectors to the condenser and evap while they are on the truck. But you have to lug the heavy crimping tool bag instead of your torches anyways.. the O rings are annoying, and we had a decent amount of all backs for leaks.. stuff bends really nice, that's about it.
    Would not use on my own A/C

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in