Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Likes
    But anyhow..... the number one reason I would like to see Trump lose in 2020 is just to see how he will react. His excuses... the tantrums... the tweet storms...
    Huh, I don't think that this selfish idiot will say any excuses.

Post Likes
    BBeerme did the lawyer ever ask a question?
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I had the opposite experience on the stand in a trial. I told the truth & the judge threatened to throw me in jail because my testimony conflicted with the two arresting officer's testimony. The judge tried to intimidate me to change my story on the witness stand.
    Was the prosecutor in your case named Mueller?
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

4. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    I was evicting a dead beat tenant. For the trial, I got a lawyer, asked around so I could do my best to get someone decent. He chose to represent himself. Here's the highlights:

Before the trial started, the judge asked the . . . Hmmm . . . Let's see. I guess I was the plaintiff since I was the one doing the evicting, and he was the defendant. Before the trial, the judge asked the defendant if he had a lawyer. He replied no. I've been out of work so was using (some sort of legal aid group), and now that I'm working, they will no longer help me.

I was thinking, that is a total load of crap. First off, he was working off of the books, so had a pretty darn good income. He was a skilled mason, and could talk himself into many jobs. Secondly, legal aid groups don't drop you because you get a job. Thirdly, he didn't have any job I was aware of that was on the books.

The judge responded by addressing my second point above. He told the defendant that (such and such legal aid group) had a sliding scale, so by getting a job, they would just adjust how much you paid them.

I was thinking Boo Yaah!! He's lying to the judge before the trial even begins. This JUST HAS to be good for me!

Think I took the stand first, and even though I knew I was in the right and was well prepared, I was hella nervous. The incident I mentioned in an above post occurred first, well, after lying to the judge before the trial even began. And the dead beat formed questions which I answered. He asked a bunch of questions which really didn't have much of a focus or direction.

Then he asked another question. Sort of. I turned to look at the judge, and stated I do not understand the question. The judge looked at the dead beat defendant and stated, the reason he doesn't understand the question is because you asked a compound question. You combined two questions into one.

It was at that point that I hadn't realized how nervous I was. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat. When the judge said that to the defendant. I breathed a sigh of relief and finally sat back in my chair.

I got my judgement of eviction.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    BBeerme did the lawyer ever ask a question?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    In a labor dispute I found out that a lot of lawyers are not Perry Mason when it comes to strategy. They know how to implement the strategy you want without leaving your rear exposed. I had a labor lawyer that wore bow ties and acted kind of like Less Nessman on the old TV program. I had to answer the ex-employee's allegations in writing. I sent my response to him and he re-wrote everything and ask me to proof read it. The first time I read it I got a little pissed because the language he used made it look like I would have been lucky to graduate elementary school. I then read the complaint and realized the lawyer made my presentation match the guy's trying to hang me. It was a brilliant approach and I won easily. If I had responded without him it might have looked like I was taking advantage of the guy I fired.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Life is sometimes weird.

There was this one time, maybe 13 years ago everything seemed to crash down at once. No need to bore anyone here with any details, heck, there was probably a time I had a bit of PTSD afterwards. So I don't have any real desire to dredge up any of that stuff.

Point being there was this one day I dealt with five different lawyers. Whether it was by phone, email, or a letter. Jeez, sure glad that time is over. These days, I'm happy to get up and go to work every day, then come home to crack a beer!
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    In fact, time to crack another beer. Since it's cheap beer, think I'll put a splash of brandy in it. Seeing as how my sweetie just texted me saying she was on her way home. And this is my Friday, Boo Yaah !!

I was told I maxed out my PTO, so I could not accrue any more. First thing I did was put in a request for time off, LOL.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678