Post Likes

How to manually operate an expansion valve.

Greetings!

I am operating an LG RCWF256X (2,630 TR) and RCWF315X (3,138 TR) Chiller that uses R-134a refrigerant. It has an Economizer tank used for removal of flash gas. My problem is the expansion valves does not work automatically. It is only set to a particular opening and is not adjusted depending on the load.

My question is, how can I operate the expansion valve for a particular load?

Post Likes
    what is the symptom shows on your control panel? is it tripping or alarm like low refrigerant level?..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post
    what is the symptom shows on your control panel? is it tripping or alarm like low refrigerant level?..
    It does not have an alarm and it does not trip. This is how it is operating right now. With the expansion valves opened at a single % opening and being manually adjusted from time to time.

Post Likes
    i think the chiller is centrifugal and i am not familiar with lg brand. the working principle is common, the shell and tube flooded evaporator, expansion valve will be operated as to the level of the liquid refrigerant in the cooler. if the circuit with two expansion valve , the first valve will maintain the level inside the economizer and second will maintain the level at the shell and tube.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post
    i think the chiller is centrifugal and i am not familiar with lg brand. the working principle is common, the shell and tube flooded evaporator, expansion valve will be operated as to the level of the liquid refrigerant in the cooler. if the circuit with two expansion valve , the first valve will maintain the level inside the economizer and second will maintain the level at the shell and tube.
    Yes it is Centrifugal. Shell and tube flooded evaporator. How do I know the level of liquid refrigerant in the cooler needed in different loads? How does the level of liquid refrigerant (simultaneously the opening of the expansion valve) vary with varying loads?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by abdulmdg View Post
    Yes it is Centrifugal. Shell and tube flooded evaporator. How do I know the level of liquid refrigerant in the cooler needed in different loads? How does the level of liquid refrigerant (simultaneously the opening of the expansion valve) vary with varying loads?
    it is already configured by factory setting and the microprocessor monitor the level. no need any internal manual adjustment.