Post Likes

Potable whole house water filter

Deep well 380' water tastes wonderful and is very clear unless there is a lot of rain for 2 plus days. Installed a big blue 4" x20" filter housing and a 1 micron filter. Filter is 30 days old and got 5" of rain and the water is turning brown/ yellow. This is what normally happens. Taste is still very good. Using a 1 micron filter thought this would of taken care of this. There is no bypass in filter housing any suggestions.

Post Likes
    Well cap well above grade?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    Deep well 380' water tastes wonderful and is very clear unless there is a lot of rain for 2 plus days. Installed a big blue 4" x20" filter housing and a 1 micron filter. Filter is 30 days old and got 5" of rain and the water is turning brown/ yellow. This is what normally happens. Taste is still very good. Using a 1 micron filter thought this would of taken care of this. There is no bypass in filter housing any suggestions.
    What filter make and model are you using?

A 1 micron filter should have gotten you down to removing most cysts and bacteria. I wouldn’t expect the water to be cloudy.

Is it possible an o-ring is missing so that water is bypassing the filter?
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Unless you are tapped into an underground river that is above ground upstream, or surface water is tracking down the outside of your well casing, I am having a hard time figuring out why heavy rain would affect your water supply.

If water is going down the outside of your well casing, then I sure hope your septic field isn’t leaching into your water!
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    I wouldn't drink it. Bring it in for testing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    https://www.amazon.com/Aquaboon-2PP-20B-Micron-Sediment-20-Inch/dp/B00JV8Q9HA/ref=sr_1_9?crid=21CQ91P45OVBZ&keywords=1+micron+wa %20ter+filter+20"+x+4.5&qid=1556895561&s=gateway&s pre%20fix=1+micron+water+filter%2Caps%2C342&sr=8-9
    This is the Big Blue filter I'm using there are no o-rings, filter housing pushes down into the filter with a raised edge. Have a lagoon not a septic it's 250' from the well. Had the house for 13 years house' s 24 years old always had this problem never had hint of being sick from the discoloration. I've got a good well guy that replaced my pump and some of the galvanized pipe maybe i should contact him?