Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I can talk to it with sitebuilder. I did a modstat and figured out what driver I needed. Now, if I can remember how to recreate it in sitebuilder... It's been forever and a day since I messed with it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Stan

Post Likes
    I remembered enough in sitebuilder to build a simple site and got the first sitelink to communicating BACnet. The other one is being a pain. w-pm was the right control program for the first FPC, but the other one seems to have a different controller. I tried w-pm2 and it didn't like that either. Dang it. When/if I do get both going; how do I make them talk MODBUS?

Thanks for your help.

Stan

Post Likes
    Liebert had a edit graphic that would enter the URLs into the program and set up the driver.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Ok. I think I know where that is.

I can't type today. I meant the w-pmp control program is the one that worked with the first FPC. I would think the other one would be the same since they are the same vintage. Maybe it has a loose connection. It keeps failing with a communications failed error when it starts to check the controller type when I download the sitelink in sitescan.

Slowly getting there

Thanks again for your help.

Stan

Post Likes
    I don't see the edit graphic. But, I may be attempting something that isn't going to work. What I was hoping for was the sitelink-e being able to do MODBUS TCP/IP so I could monitor the FPCs using NEO. NEO will talk MODBUS TCP/IP. That's how I monitor the 8 CW084 CRAH units we have in the little data center. They have Intellislot cards in them though. But, a search I did on the archive seem to indicate the sitelinks won't read MODBUS type 3 and 4 registers. Is that correct? It sounds like I have no choice but to do this BACnet and build NEO polling server machines in the same network subnet as the sitelinks I thought about trying to setup a BACnet router using one of the sitelinks, but I don't think that will help. Not sure I still recall how to do that. I forget what all goes in the BBMD table.

Stan

Post Likes
    Do you mean function 3 and 4? They do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    Do you mean function 3 and 4? They do.
    I think so. The read holding registers and read input registers is what I meant.

Stan

Post Likes
    You shouldn't have an issue.

Post Likes
    So worked with ALC and Sitescan and the other OEM versions for a while. The modbus driver for the sitelink is the same as webctrls. Look in the webroot folder of sitescan and find the System folder. Go to drivers in it and the driver for modbus should be there. Also i would copy the drivers from the sitescan system. Alot of them will load directly into ALC controllers which comes in handy sometimes.

Post Likes
    If you could get a vendor key or permission key from Leibert, you might be able to pull the programs out of the OEM LGR, and load them straight into WebCTRL...

Quote Originally Posted by unonut View Post
    So worked with ALC and Sitescan and the other OEM versions for a while. The modbus driver for the sitelink is the same as webctrls. Look in the webroot folder of sitescan and find the System folder. Go to drivers in it and the driver for modbus should be there. Also i would copy the drivers from the sitescan system. Alot of them will load directly into ALC controllers which comes in handy sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12