Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Appion app issues

I did a search and didn’t find this issue so I am posting.

I love my appion digital gages but the app is crap. Actually, the app is nice but it crashes after I close it. I redownload it. It works great. i close the app. It crashes when I reopen it. I have to redownload it.

This has been on going for at least several months. I figured it was an app issue and they would get it fixed. Nope. I haven’t had to use them much but now that it is warmer, i will be using them quite a bit.

anybody heard anything? If there is an ongoing discussion, please point me to it.

thanks!
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    Yes. I contacted Appion about this. To me it seemed that the time the app started having issues was after the last Apple update.

They told me they did not know why, but the work around seemed to be unchecking the “do not show on start up” box

This does work. A little clunky, but better then what it had been with the crashing.

They told me they were working on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks! i got an email from them tonight saying the same thing. "still working on it"...i don't think so. i am going to start looking into some other brands

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    Same app frustration here. I've felt Appion thought too much of their cloud sharing of ION data, (a feature that I can't think anybody would be using) at the expense of making the basics rock solid (LIKE NOT CRASHING ON STARTUP!!!). I'm guessing Appion hoped to cover their app development costs with cloud subscriptions.

At this point I wouldn't invest in new Bluetooth digitals unless they offered the ability to connect with well thought of 3rd party apps (MeasureQuick), which is a shame as I've loved the Ion hardware. I'd miss the Ion's built in display (even though it doesn't calculate superheat) that's missing from the viable competition.

Post Likes
    I got an email from someone at Appion. They wanted to call me and “make it worth my while”. I replied with my phone number and a good time to call.

Never got a phone call or a return email.

Post Likes
    Thats a bummer, not sure if MeasureQuick can work the Appions yet if ever, the Imanifold hardware is pretty good, everyone knows the Imanifold app went to hell when Jim left. I use the old Imanifold app for multi circuits until MQ adds that feature. I have tried the Fieldpiece wireless temp clamps and they seem pretty reliable, the FP probes seems pretty nice, work well with MQ and they are pretty cheap I think. There seems to be Imanifold hardware on Ebay quite often thats pretty cheap as well.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    I got an email from someone at Appion. They wanted to call me and “make it worth my while”. I replied with my phone number and a good time to call.

Never got a phone call or a return email.
    "After my wife goes to bed" probably wasn't an appropriate reply.

It sounds like you might have misread his intentions.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8. Likes Achso017, heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    "After my wife goes to bed" probably wasn't an appropriate reply.

It sounds like you might have misread his intentions.

I told him I was wearing khakis.

10. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Thats a bummer, not sure if MeasureQuick can work the Appions yet if ever, the Imanifold hardware is pretty good, everyone knows the Imanifold app went to hell when Jim left. I use the old Imanifold app for multi circuits until MQ adds that feature. I have tried the Fieldpiece wireless temp clamps and they seem pretty reliable, the FP probes seems pretty nice, work well with MQ and they are pretty cheap I think. There seems to be Imanifold hardware on Ebay quite often thats pretty cheap as well.
    Jim Bergman has expressed Appion is not interested in working with MeasureQuick. Rumor also has it Appion isn't exactly happy with Jim due to him working with Fieldpiece since they came out with their new vacuum pumps, and Accutools since they came out with the TruBlu vacuum hose kits, both of which are direct competition with Appion products.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    I told him I was wearing khakis.
    Go on....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Take another look at the iManifold 2.0 app. Make sure that you are using the latest updated version. The application is fantastic. As with anything that you use, you must follow the directions to make it give you the answers you are looking for. A multi circuit profile must be generated and selected prior to mapping the probes. Once the profile or profiles have been generated they will be stored in the profile selections menu. Same goes for the wireless probes. The new application allows you to custom map every probe. If you need some help with it please feel free to contact me directly. We are always here to help. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Go on....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47cAxRX3aDg&feature=youtu.be

Post Likes
    Can’t wait until MQ supports multi-circuit and chillers.

My first set of wireless gauges was Appion and I was never happy with the app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast