Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

I need a new condenser coil made

13”X13” 3/8 line, my supplier said its a pain in the a$$ to get them

Thoughts??
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Post Likes
    The size you show looks to be a coil for a fractional HP unit, Copeland, Tecumseh or maybe a Danfoss. Why not pick an OEM condenser coil from one of these brands and use it. It might be a few inches off (larger) but as long as the FPI and row count are the same it'll work.

Post Likes
    One that small might be cheaper to by a condensing unit. Custom coils, heathcraft, American coil to name a few
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    The size you show looks to be a coil for a fractional HP unit, Copeland, Tecumseh or maybe a Danfoss. Why not pick an OEM condenser coil from one of these brands and use it. It might be a few inches off but as long as the FPI and row count are the same it'll work.
    What Powell said beat to fit paint to match
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

5. Likes trippintl0 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I’m trying to find out where, its a K-body Copeland compressor. I dont have a model #

Post Likes
    For the condensing unit

Post Likes
    What brand of unit?

Post Likes
    13" X 13" X ?"

How many rows deep?

How many Fins per Inch?

Got a picture?

10. Likes The Turtleman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    13”X13” 3/8 line, my supplier said its a pain in the a$$ to get them

Thoughts??
    and FWIW we just went to the junkie last week, probably scrapped 12 small coils!

Post Likes
    That’s where I’m going...thanks guys....

Post Likes
    For the sake of keeping this going because it could get quite interesting I think, could you not take your design BTU load from the evaporator add the running load amps converted to BTUs from the compressor throwing some more in for heat gained in the suction line, and in that way arrive at a total heat of rejection number? I think that this is very rough and inaccurate but I'd love to hear what the icemeister or phm types have to say on this.!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I ran into a similar problem just last week. I had a Tecumseh condensing unit (couldn’t read the model or serial on the tag) and a Copeland compressor. I had just put virgin gas in, the coil was perfectly clear, yet I still had a super high head with gas flashing in the glass on a 60 degree day and a 130 deg LL. Well when I stood back and looked at the system the compressor was bigger than the condenser. That was my first red flag. The second was the initials of the guy who put the unit together, notorious in the area for being a hack. It was safe to say the condenser was undersized.

Without the model number from the condensing unit I couldn’t say for sure what the btu rating was on it. I called both supply houses in the area and they didn’t know how to size a condenser to a compressor/system. So I just went on Copeland’s OPI and found a condensing unit that used the compressor I had, matched it with the same refrigerant and application and got the part number for the coil from that. Physically it was almost 3 x’s bigger than the coil it currently has. That’s how I sized up the coil I needed.

15. Likes trippintl0 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Some of those smaller units have "special made" cond coils, so a typical Cope/Tecum cond coil will not physically fit. Kinda like a True 2 door,slider top,beer cooler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast