Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

How to avoid "the drip" in Las Vegas.

Brand spankin new $800k house.

Las Vegas has a serious shortage of skilled labor and inspectors.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Its common in trane install manuals to see a sediment leg installed on a horizontal run...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We, here in Ohio, are required to have that "Drip", on all Nat Gas/ Propane supply lines prior to entering the appliance. No matter whether the appliance is in a Sleeping Room, or in a multi-million dollar home.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

4. Likes lions_lair, Metalman0880 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    We, here in Ohio, are required to have that "Drip", on all Nat Gas/ Propane supply lines prior to entering the appliance. No matter whether the appliance is in a Sleeping Room, or in a multi-million dollar home.
    I think he’s referring to the drip leg/sediment trap being on a horizontal pipe run. It is supposed to be at the bottom of a vertical run to work as intended.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

6. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    I think he’s referring to the drip leg/sediment trap being on a horizontal pipe run. It is supposed to be at the bottom of a vertical run to work as intended.
    The "drip leg" still has to be there Kdean, whether it's at the bottom of a vertical drop, or in a horizontal run to the appliance.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    The "drip leg" still has to be there Kdean, whether it's at the bottom of a vertical drop, or in a horizontal run to the appliance.
    The main problem being of your not changing the direction of flow nothing will “drip” or fall into the drip leg. The way it’s pictured in the OP is wrong. Won’t do anything.

For Example:

If you put a trap in under a sink in the horizontal position “laying on its side” would it do anything? Would it still work as it would in the vertical position?

Post Likes
    I think code where I am the gas needs to enter the branch of the tee, a capped drip leg pointing down, and the outlet pointing up.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Same in ohio I know. Had to change one similar to that after an inspection. It must be ok somewhere. Trane finds ok.

Post Likes
    That fine in PA. Drip required on horizontal run to my generator. More concerned about the fitting from Indonesia, and the flex.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    If that Flex run in the picture, is coming from a drop, that doesn't have a "Drip Leg", is the branch line not to have a "Drip Leg", Metalman, & Kdean?

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    its wrong...

gas needs to come in from the top of the run, opposite of a 3" nipple & cap on the bottom making up the drip (dirt pocket). the bull of the tee feeds the gas control. there needs to be a change in direction to "force" sediment to drop into the pocket
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    If that Flex run in the picture, is coming from a drop, that doesn't have a "Drip Leg", is the branch line not to have a "Drip Leg", Metalman, & Kdean?
    If the actual gas line drop already has a correct drop leg, and that flex is coming off the bull of the tee not pictured then their wrongly piped drip leg is just a waste of ftgs.

Everyone has their own local codes to follow and I understand that, BUT I don’t care what anyone says, if you don’t change the direction of flow your not going to allow anything to fall Into the trap.

See below:

Post Likes
    I see what Ya'll are saying now, & I Agree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast