Post Likes

RDI Model PC199LOP-2

I would appreciate some help Customer walk-in freezer is tripping the 30amp break several times a day. Model # PC199LOP-2 serial 410081537. Another tech had installed a new start capacitor and run capacitor and left. System still trips. I check all the wiring all good check inside breaker panel even swap the 30amp breaker. Od Fan motor amps 1.9, compressor amps were 12amps RLA says should be 16amps. When the breaker rests it runs smooth for a few hours and then trips. I need to ohm the compressor what would indicate a felling compressor? I’m leaning to maybe a defected fan motor or even dump the charge evac to 250 and weigh in a new charge because previous tech cut out the high pressure switch. Any suggestions

Post Likes
    You should ohmn before you reset or swap breakers. Why would a hps be bypassed and left. Have you checked and ohmn Ed the defrost circuit
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by g.lawson View Post
    I would appreciate some help Customer walk-in freezer is tripping the 30amp break several times a day. Model # PC199LOP-2 serial 410081537. Another tech had installed a new start capacitor and run capacitor and left. System still trips. I check all the wiring all good check inside breaker panel even swap the 30amp breaker. Od Fan motor amps 1.9, compressor amps were 12amps RLA says should be 16amps. When the breaker rests it runs smooth for a few hours and then trips. I need to ohm the compressor what would indicate a felling compressor? I’m leaning to maybe a defected fan motor or even dump the charge evac to 250 and weigh in a new charge because previous tech cut out the high pressure switch. Any suggestions
    I think You are leaning in the Right Direction. It has all the Symptoms of a Cond. Fan Motor, "Internal Protector", "Intermittent Open" on heat scenario to me. Clean the Cond. Unit Coil, Clean the Fan Motor Cooling Slots, Remove ALL Jumpers, Install a Voltage, or Current Monitor Device, and Wait for the next trip. While Your Waiting, Locate a replacement Cond. Fan Motor, and dust off your fan blade hub puller tool, "in case you need them". Good Luck.

Post Likes
    Other company changed the run and start caps. He called them back they said over the phone he needs a new compressor. The owner and I members of the same lodge. Thanks I let you know what it turns out to be.

Post Likes
    The RLA stated on the data plate of the unit isn't the amperage the compressor should run at. It's a calculated amperage which should only be used as a maximum operating amps or to size a contactor, breaker, etc. A better way to determine if the compressor is doing what it's supposed to do is to use the manufacturer's performance data for that compressor. If it's a Copeland, you can use their Copeland Mobil app which is available for iPhone, Android and desktop.

As for the breaker tripping, first verify that the defrost is not coming on while the compressor is running, such as after a pumpdown has been initiated. Typically the defrost is interlocked off by a relay or by an auxiliary set of contacts on the compressor contactor.

Post Likes
    Other company changed the run and start caps. He called them back they said over the phone he needs a new compressor. The owner and I members of the same lodge. Thanks I let you know what it turns out to be.
    "They Said", Always Good To Know! Lol.. Just Replace the Entire Condensing Unit while You are at It. !

Post Likes
    There’s a lot guys out there that would have no problem doing that, but I would lose sleep doing that to a customer.

Post Likes
    There’s a lot guys out there that would have no problem doing that, but I would lose sleep doing that to a customer.
    Me Too, in My funny way of Expressing It.!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    Me Too, in My funny way of Expressing It.!!!!!!
    So, Whatcha Gonna Do Now ? Either Troubleshoot and Repair, or Replace.! Remember this, "Head Psi Up,= Current Up,= Thermals Open, And Breakers Trip" ! hint-hint!

Post Likes
    Wires rub out!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Wires rub out!
    "Wires Rub Who"? All in Good Fun New York Bro.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    "Wires Rub Who"? All in Good Fun New York Bro.......
    Say What?

Post Likes
    checked everything compressor amps 12-15, condenser fan .9 amps nothing is grounded, defrost works fine the compressor not running during defrost and checked to make sure the defrost heater are not running during a call for cool. the intermitted breaker tripping happens on warm days. I washed the condenser, installed a new high pressure switch, adjusted the charge. So far so good waiting see how it does in the afternoon heat. RDI is made by Manitowoc called them of course parts department answered right away but when I tried their service department I would get the "please a detailed mgs and we will call you back, lol