Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes

"Bigger the Glob, Better the Job"

Appears Bubba had His Way with the Torch !!Lol..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I count 6 spots that were apparently leaking or started after they "fixed" 1 or more of the other(s). Wouldn't it have made more sense to just replace it?

Post Likes
    Tell me how to post a picture from a computer and I'll show you have it's done.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    PHM, click on go advanced.

Scroll down to Manage images.

A window will pop up. In the top right is a button "add files", click that. A box will pop up with a button "choose files". Select your file from your computer then click the upload button.

Add text to your post and hit submit reply

I thought you knew all this, could have swore you have posted pictures before.

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    PHM, click on go advanced.

Scroll down to Manage images.

A window will pop up. In the top right is a button "add files", click that. A box will pop up with a button "choose files". Select your file from your computer then click the upload button.

Add text to your post and hit submit reply

I thought you knew all this, could have swore you have posted pictures before.
    PHM
    --------

6. Likes SuperTech2010 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I thought I had taken better / more pictures.

This is not my best work - but it gives an idea. Only one joint out of the three looks OK to me.

I don't seem to have a total 'before' shot but the first pic shows where I cut the tube sheet in-between the tube rows.

Then the tube sheet has to be carefully split and nipped away with good sharp sheet metal shears. AND make sure the tips are Perfectly aligned or you will never be able to nip the tube sheet without damaging the tube. Do that in two different places to avoid having to try to open up the opening in the tube sheet scrap by bending it to pass the tube.

Then take off some aluminum fins to leave working room.

This was done with a Mapp gas torch. But whatever you use: Soft Flame and keep it moving. Those tubes are like tissue paper. You just want to 'wash' with the flame and then 'wash' with the Silphos to coat the leak site area.

PHM
    -----------------

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I used to use the finest toothed hacksaw blade held by hand with a rag. Later I bought a nice handle for Lennox blades. Now I use a variable speed cordless sawzall.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes

here's how it looked after the repair

This was a damaged / leaking five ton R-410 condensing unit that I gave a case of beer for. I fixed the leak, installed a used 2 ton R-22 compressor, put it on the roof, and charged it with R-407C.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes

right side up ?

.Name:  IMG_2228 copy.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  194.2 KB
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I give up -
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I give up -
    It is a glitch in the system. If you take the pictures in landscape mode then they show up right side up
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Unlike a simple kinked line being considered as top five worst, this could at least be thrown into consideration for top 100 worst silver jobs.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast