Post Likes

Host ID for Johnson Workbench demo

I am going to install Johnson Controls FX Workbench demo on my laptop
    Johnson is asking me if there is a host ID I want to bind it to.
    Currently my laptop has no commissioning tools at all installed on it.
    Do I require a Host ID
    I thought the Demo version of FX Workbench is for only creating stations on the laptop with no capability to connect to an actual JACE.

Post Likes
    You will still need a license for it. Install the software and a Host ID will be generated. JCI can bind your license to it and send you a license.

Post Likes
    There are two different license versions for workbench. One allows it to run a station the other does not. Otherwise they are the same and both require licenses.

Post Likes
    The demo license is for techs and programmers. You can create stations using workbench running on a demo license that will then be transfer to a station on a jace or server computer. It can also be used to connect to a jace or server running a pre existing station for servicing. Make sure you are using the same software version of workbench as the jace or server you are connecting to.

You can't use a demo license to be installed to run the actual project jace or server.

There are demo license for both jaces and servers. We use demo license jaces to install temporarily at sites where a jace has failed and we need to get the site running asap. Once the replacement jace arrives we swap them out with minimum down time to the client.

You have to install workbench on your computer 1st to get the host id. When you open workbench after it is install it will pop up an alert with the host id. When you install workbench make sure you know if you installed the 64 or 32 bit version. If you run multiple revisions and or brands of workbench they all have to be the same ( all 32 bit or 64bit). If not the host ids will be different and the license won't work for the one with the mismatched host id.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mfia321 View Post
    There are demo license for both jaces and servers. We use demo license jaces to install temporarily at sites where a jace has failed and we need to get the site running asap. Once the replacement jace arrives we swap them out with minimum down time to the client.
    Does your distribution channel not allow you to buy unlicensed JACEs? We keep 20 or so in stock at all time for projects or replacements.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Does your distribution channel not allow you to buy unlicensed JACEs? We keep 20 or so in stock at all time for projects or replacements.
    Guessing they are talking about WB. Unlicensed Jaces are fine for stock, but they are about as useful as door stops in that state.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    The idea with the J8000 is that you just swap the sdcard, as the host ID is bound to that sdcard.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk