Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Navac 8 CFM vs Fieldpiecd VP85 Vacuum Pump

I like to know if anyone has experience with Navac's 8 CFM vacuum pump?

I'm trying to decided between it and FP VP85 Vacuum pump and Navac. I'm not a huge fan of FP products or the physical size of the pump.

Trutech tools has a promotion if you buy a Navac vacuum pump it comes with a trublu XL kit.

Thanks

Post Likes
    I cannot comment on the Navac but I own a VP85 and it its performance is outstanding. I haven’t yet swapped it for the Appion I carry on my van.
    I do agree with you about the size. It does seem to be rugged and well designed though.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    I did not see that promo, but thats a good bonus.

I had the VP-85 - but I sold it.

It would produce a decent vacuum level, but I dont think it actually performed well on larger systems.

At the time I had not made my 1 hose set yet, but my JB 7 cfm pump outperformed it with ease. Both using the appion megaflow set up.

I remember 1 job in specific - 30 to 50 ton or so packaged chiller, r-22 system, after a repair.

The FP would not pull below 1500 microns after several oil changes and hours of operation.

I grabbed the JB, and it pulled from 1500 to 500 in about 30 minutes to complete the job.

After that the FP came off the truck. I tore it down when I got home, and I think the problem was an o ring seal between the actual pump inlet, and the built in manifold connection block.

I fixed the problem, with more vacuum grease on that seal, but couple the fact that it was a space hog with that it left me stranded mid job, I could not keep it.

I have no experience with the Navac, but the overall design appears to be more of a more standard vacuum pump, so no potential for the same problem I had with the FP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    I cannot comment on the Navac but I own a VP85 and it its performance is outstanding. I haven’t yet swapped it for the Appion I carry on my van.
    I do agree with you about the size. It does seem to be rugged and well designed though.
    By Appion, do you mean the TEZ8?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    I currently have a JB Platinum 5 CFM, which is a workhorse, especially with trublu hoses and CRTs.

I wanted to try out a ECM vacuum pump and Navac is more of an industrial oriented tool company. Just look at their heavy-duty vacuum pumps.

Fieldpiece products just don't inspire confidence in me and trusting your tools is extremely important. Most people love the VP85. Other also love their DMM which I would never trust using...

I'm just curious about Navac ECM Vacuum pumps.

Navac/TruBlu XL deal
    https://www.trutechtools.com/NAVAC-NRP8DV-Vacuum-Pump

Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    I did not see that promo, but thats a good bonus.

I had the VP-85 - but I sold it.

It would produce a decent vacuum level, but I dont think it actually performed well on larger systems.

At the time I had not made my 1 hose set yet, but my JB 7 cfm pump outperformed it with ease. Both using the appion megaflow set up.

I remember 1 job in specific - 30 to 50 ton or so packaged chiller, r-22 system, after a repair.

The FP would not pull below 1500 microns after several oil changes and hours of operation.

I grabbed the JB, and it pulled from 1500 to 500 in about 30 minutes to complete the job.

After that the FP came off the truck. I tore it down when I got home, and I think the problem was an o ring seal between the actual pump inlet, and the built in manifold connection block.

I fixed the problem, with more vacuum grease on that seal, but couple the fact that it was a space hog with that it left me stranded mid job, I could not keep it.

I have no experience with the Navac, but the overall design appears to be more of a more standard vacuum pump, so no potential for the same problem I had with the FP.

Post Likes
    NAVAC joins the North American HVAC/R market with ample resources. With more than 600 employees and sales in over 80 countries, the company is the world's largest supplier of HVAC vacuum pumps in addition to a wide array of tools, gauges, charging machines and other industry-specific items.

Sounds promising.

Post Likes
    Double post. sorry.

Post Likes

Navac 8 CFM vs Fieldpiecd VP85 Vacuum Pump

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I currently have a JB Platinum 5 CFM, which is a workhorse, especially with trublu hoses and CRTs.

I wanted to try out a ECM vacuum pump and Navac is more of an industrial oriented tool company. Just look at their heavy-duty vacuum pumps.

Fieldpiece products just don't inspire confidence in me and trusting your tools is extremely important. Most people love the VP85. Other also love their DMM which I would never trust using...

I'm just curious about Navac ECM Vacuum pumps.

Navac/TruBlu XL deal
    https://www.trutechtools.com/NAVAC-NRP8DV-Vacuum-Pump

Thanks for your input
    If your in the market for an upgrade, try it. Worst case, you can sell it to me if you dont like it. That Navac looks like a nice pump, and thats a good deal. 500 with the Trublu kit. Id give it a go.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    By Appion, do you mean the TEZ8?
    Yup. TEZ8 has fast oil changes but the VP85 is neater any faster.

A friend in town wants to show me his new battery powered Navac. Im looking forward to seeing it in operation.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    If your in the market for an upgrade, try it. Worst case, you can sell it to me if you dont like it. That Navac looks like a nice pump, and thats a good deal. 500 with the Trublu kit. Id give it a go.

FWIW they make a 12cfm and it pulls a lower ultimate vacuum than their other HVAC pumps. Not the white industrial 16 cfm. The 12 looks like the other HVAC pumps but must be different on the inside

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    FWIW they make a 12cfm and it pulls a lower ultimate vacuum than their other HVAC pumps. Not the white industrial 16 cfm. The 12 looks like the other HVAC pumps but must be different on the inside
    I think Im good for now. Ive got a house to buy soon, so my tool habit is on hold for the moment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Yup. TEZ8 has fast oil changes but the VP85 is neater any faster.

A friend in town wants to show me his new battery powered Navac. I’m looking forward to seeing it in operation.
    love my VP85, but I'm not sure I will be able to resist the temptation to buy the battery powered vacuum pump this summer...

The VP85 is bulky, but it is lighter than my YJ SuperEvac 6cfm pump, and fits perfectly on my vacuum pump shelf, fills the allotted space almost exactly, do I don't even have to strap it down to keep it from bouncing around.

Post Likes
    Hello Mark, are you telling me James hasn't given you a field-trial demo yet?
    did you ever fix that micron guage I handed to you at RSES Conference in round Rock? just curious,
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    love my VP85, but I'm not sure I will be able to resist the temptation to buy the battery powered vacuum pump this summer...

The VP85 is bulky, but it is lighter than my YJ SuperEvac 6cfm pump, and fits perfectly on my vacuum pump shelf, fills the allotted space almost exactly, do I don't even have to strap it down to keep it from bouncing around.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast