Thread: New SMAN380V

Post Likes

New SMAN380V

I've been using a YJ P51-870 and been pretty happy with it, but it doesn't have wireless to probes, which is the only drawback they have. So when the new SMANs came out and they will use JL probes, then I had to try them, as that would make a complete wireless system. I've had the JL probes since day one, and love em, but sometimes I like having a manifold and a fixed display at the unit. Woohoo! the new SMANs have it. I haven't had them on a unit yet, but am doing shakedown testing in shop. Accuracy, linking up, screen layout is fantastic. The layout and functions of display are well thought out and very intuitive, I didn't have to refer to the manual one time to operate them well. This thing has more info on one screen than any other digital manifold I've used. You can cycle thru wb/db/rh/dp if you have the psychrometers linked. Oddb is from the included K tc, man everything is here! They seem just a tad smaller than the previous SMANs, but I don't have any to compare. They weren't kidding when they said built tough, man like a rock. All tools work well together, heck I'll probably never use the wired temp clamps! I did a check of the logging feature and it logs EVERYTHING, 18 different peramaters, plus refrigerant type, and time in seconds. This is fantastic. You can log up to 168 hours of data from as little as 1 sec intervals, ... that oughta do it!

From what I see so far, FP NAILED IT with these new digitals. They have everything I could ever want in gauges. FP is hitting on all cylinders with these! This completes the system of JL probes and manifold that work together and work well.

I'll be throwing them on a unit in a week or so, as I'm off for a week right now, but I'm really liking what I see.

2. Likes TruTech-Bill, Zamoramax, heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    I just got the new SMANs and I agree with u.. I didn't have the fieldpiece probes, but now feel like I need them to have a complete set... So I ordered the wireless probes kit, and can't wait till they come in to get ride of the wired probes. I do mostly refrigeration, but also do some ac and can't wait till I get them to link them together.

4. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    Will they read pressure from a wireless probe also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Will they read pressure from a wireless probe also?

No they don’t.

You can get live readings directly on the SMAN 380V/480V manifold screen from the Job Link Psychrometers (JL3RH), Job Link Pipe Clamps (JL3PC), and SRS3 Refrigerant Scale.

But not the pressure probes.

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Thanks.

8. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    Anyone know if these will transmit to MQ to use that app? Also if it can, would we be able to use the wireless Probes in conjuction with the wired clamps so we can add other Temps like discharge?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Anyone know if these will transmit to MQ to use that app? Also if it can, would we be able to use the wireless Probes in conjuction with the wired clamps so we can add other Temps like discharge?
    They are working on incorporating them so I assume in the near future should see them. As far as using wired and wireless clamps together not sure but would be interested to know also.

Post Likes

SMAN? Who needs that? (I still want one).