Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    IT might be a time not to light another fire. I first wondered if it had been started by a Catholic who had bad feelings concerning what hadn't been done about pedophilia.

Three churches torched in LA. Apparently racist motivated. Muslims are an easy target for another type of speculation.
    There's three that come to mind because I like many do mindwondering.
    Seemed a bit too soon to have finalized the cause without actually saying what the cause was. Maybe they have by now but seemed like a strange delivery.
    Give me a relay with enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Isn't France one of those places where the media, when they report on crime or terrorism attacks, is not allowed to mention muslims, muslim names, the Middle East, no go ones, etc? Didn't they do something crazy like passing a law saying that would be hate speech? Therefor, prosecute-able.

If the media reports the news on terrorist attacks from muslims or those from the Middle East, then they can expect punishment from the government. To the point of being put out of business. Could be wrong, but I think France has adopted those 'laws'.

Think I also heard these three women were recently found guilty. I mean, very recently. As in maybe weeks?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-...ombing_attempt

Something I heard between service calls. Worth looking into. Main Stream Media isn't reporting it, at least not that I've heard. This could be in retaliation to that guilty verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Who headed up the investigation? Obama? Or was it some other Muslim?

PHM
    ----------
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Aren't there writings in the Bible about God starting fires?

Maybe God started this one to spite the Catholics for allowing the rape culture to grow for the past several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    IT might be a time not to light another fire. I first wondered if it had been started by a Catholic who had bad feelings concerning what hadn't been done about pedophilia.

Three churches torched in LA. Apparently racist motivated. Muslims are an easy target for another type of speculation.
    Seemed a bit too soon to have finalized the cause without actually saying what the cause was. Maybe they have by now but seemed like a strange delivery.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    When the big St.Boniface Catholic Cathedral here in Winnipeg burned down in 1968 it was reported in the local newspapers the next day that a fire occurs every two minutes in churches in North America.

Like the one in Paris, St. Boniface had been undergoing extensive renovations at the time and it was believed that somewhere a spark ignited the old structure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Who headed up the investigation? Obama? Or was it some other Muslim?

PHM
    ----------
    It’s work place violence not radical Islam
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Torches in the work place.

You have to be real careful

Especially around 800 year old dry timber.

No sprinklers also.

Post Likes
    Sounds like replacing the over sized timbers might he a problem.

Post Likes
    Don't need that old growth any more. Engineered and laminated is stronger and more stable anyway. Aesthetics are easy enough to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post

Post Likes
    So its now going to become the 50% 800 year old cathedral ?

Post Likes
    It'll help stimulate their economy.

I've been hearing that the economies of most countries are declining. Even in our country, as strong as it appears, I hear the institutions are pulling their money out of the market. Could be profit taking. But there is also a high probability our next recession is right around the corner; institutions pulling their money out more often than not is a leading indicator of bad things to come.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

Funny hacker, apparently you've already forgotten about the priest getting beheaded in another cathedral in Paris 3 or 4 years ago while saying mass.

No accident there but pure Islamic terrorism. Thank you very much

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny hacker, apparently you've already forgotten about the priest getting beheaded in another cathedral in Paris 3 or 4 years ago while saying mass.

No accident there but pure Islamic terrorism. Thank you very much

I haven't forgotten, I never heard or read it. I'm not very news worthy except when I'm in the news. I've stopped consuming the news because of the drug commercials. I record the "shows" and skip the druggies when it occurs to me.
    I thought the authorities came to a conclusion a tad too fast. When I read of an investigation of a fire,I figure it will take awhile. It could also be that the cause was obvious.
    The construction should be the obvious first look because it's they are not uncommon as long as the assumptions are contained. Overloaded circuits have been a problem on many jobs.Name:  scan.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  871.2 KB
    Give me a relay with enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Don't need that old growth any more. Engineered and laminated is stronger and more stable anyway. Aesthetics are easy enough to deal with.
    So its now going to become the 50% 800 year old cathedral ?

The wooden beams of the cathedral were used only as the roof support structure which was independent of the stone vaulted ceilings below, which mostly survived the fire.

The way I see it, they will likely take a similar route that England did to rebuild Windsor Castle after the fire back in 1997 where the roof of St. George's Hall burned. They replicated the ceilings to match the original, including the original exposed wooden beams, but upgraded the roof structure to a steel framework with metal roofing. So if they do that, there would be no need to use big timbers since that structure was hidden.

Here's what the original roof structure looks like for Notre Dame:

Here's a link to the article: https://www.vox.com/2019/4/16/183120...cathedral-fire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12