Post Likes

Elkay Water fountain

I Have an Elkay wall mount water fountain. It was given to me because it was sabotaged. (Building was a portable that sat in a public yard for 6 months) during that time someone cut one of the Refegerant lines. I want to reconnect the lines back (ones cut with wire cutters, and the other one is broke from bending.)

It uses R134a. Ive heard of brazing the lines back using MAPP gas. But ive also heard of having to run Nitrogen inline?

I have a benzomatic torch i want to use for the brazing. Can i rebraze the lines without having to use Nitrogen?

And can I add a charge port in place of where the manufacter chare tube is?

I can add pictures later.

Post Likes
    6 months of being open to the atmosphere its shot.

New drier
    New POE oil
    Refrigerant
    Brazing Rods

cheaper to buy a new one!

Post Likes
    Sure.

You can try it (and I might <g>) and if the tubing was bent over hard enough it's probably only minimally contaminated.

Still; there is likely going to be a bit more to it that you have laid out here.

On the other hand; what do you have to lose? <g>

PHM
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by mrnapolean1 View Post
    I Have an Elkay wall mount water fountain. It was given to me because it was sabotaged. (Building was a portable that sat in a public yard for 6 months) during that time someone cut one of the Refegerant lines. I want to reconnect the lines back (ones cut with wire cutters, and the other one is broke from bending.)

It uses R134a. Ive heard of brazing the lines back using MAPP gas. But ive also heard of having to run Nitrogen inline?

I have a benzomatic torch i want to use for the brazing. Can i rebraze the lines without having to use Nitrogen?

And can I add a charge port in place of where the manufacter chare tube is?

I can add pictures later.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    It was free. On the end that was cut it was cut with a plier like cutter (like a wire cutter) and it pinched the tube. The other emd was bemt back and the tubing was starting to crack but it was also semi pinched.

Anyhow can I use Map gas on this to reattach the line?