Post Likes

Carrier Infinity Occupance Override Issue

Hello,

I have a Carrier HVAC system and recently upgraded my thermostat to the Carrier (SYSTXCCITC01-B) Wi-Fi Touch Control Thermostat. I registed without issue, updated to the latest firmware, and am able to connect via web browser and smart phone app. The problem I'm having is that after setting my schedule, I noticed that the thermostat is set to "Away" even though the schedule I set indicates that it should be set to "Home". If I select "Per Schedule" and then again "per schedule" below select timing it will chage to "home" automatically, but then revert back to "Away" seconds later.

Depending on the timing, I will also get "occuupancy override" as shown in the below attachment (ignore the loading icon where the temp should be, it is correctly displaying the temp until I take a screenshot). I am unable to change the setting when this happens, nothing registers when I select"Away". I have tried tinkering with it a bit but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Name:  Infinity Thermostat.PNG
Views: 59
Size:  70.8 KB

Post Likes
    I also disabled home occupancy setup under the sensors menu. I am still seeing occupancy override with the thermostat reverting to Away.

Post Likes
    The wall control will always take precedence over the settings from the remote applications. What happens if you over ride the settings at the wall control?

When I hit AWAY I get a time option for the over ride. Do you set that? It may be conflicting with something the wall control has set.

If you still have issues try calling 1-800-Carrier. They used to have application support available for homeowners. Not sure if still the case. It is best to make that call when you are in front of the wall stat.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    The wall control behaves similarly, when I hit AWAY it does give me the time option which works but whenever the time expires it reverts back to away even when the schedule dictates that it should be Home, Sleep, etc.

I just disabled the occupancy override this morning but did it from my phone remotely. I will take a look at it when I get home, I have a feeling that setting is part of my issue as the thermostat at times displays occupancy override below Away which is taking precendence over my schedule. I will give Carrier a call as suggested if I can't make sense of it. Thanks!