Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humidity HELL!

Post Likes
    York makes a unit that does exactly as you want, it’s called the IntelliSpeed. The Simplicity board in your unit is used to control the drive.
    Your boards has the technology there already. Just needs a drive to run.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan72880 View Post
    Good point! I'll definitely look into the factory optional VFD. I really think this is going to be the solution now that you guys have helped to steer me in the right direction. Have you ever heard of the Enerfit VFD retrofit? I came across it while googling "RTU VFD retrofit". It's enerfit dot com (I have too few posts to have hyperlinks yet). Would be interested if anyone has experience with that system.
    Your best bet (only bet if I was the contractor otj) is to use what was designed for the “new York” (see what I did there) units you have. It’ll be worth the expense. Call JCI and inquire about it. Who knows, they may just send a field service tech (for free) out to install and commission them to make sure you’re happy with the results. Don’t worry about the $, worry about fixing the problem correctly. In the end it will cost your company far less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes

Humidity HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Your best bet (only bet if I was the contractor otj) is to use what was designed for the “new York” (see what I did there) units you have. It’ll be worth the expense. Call JCI and inquire about it. Who knows, they may just send a field service tech (for free) out to install and commission them to make sure you’re happy with the results. Don’t worry about the $, worry about fixing the problem correctly. In the end it will cost your company far less.

For instance, today someone recommended me to a new customer. He owns a bunch of “high end” apartments across the street from Clemson University. I show up to this apartment that he’s getting some ungodly amount of rent for with these hot college chicks living in it. The chicks have been there for 3 years and he’s changed the outdoor unit out 3 times for failed compressors to the tune of 15k and still can’t keep the hotties happy. Within 5 minutes I found the fire damper off the air handler shut. All I did was feel the space and put my hand up to the registers then cut the flex and opened the damper. The thing had been shut since it was installed and he’s had 10 “companies” out over 3 years to the tune of probably another 5k. Every one of those girls were all over me before I left but ain’t nobody got time fo dat!

Post Likes
    For instance, today someone recommended me to a new customer. He owns a bunch of “high end” apartments across the street from Clemson University. I show up to this apartment that he’s getting some ungodly amount of rent for with these hot college chicks living in it. The chicks have been there for 3 years and he’s changed the outdoor unit out 3 times for failed compressors to the tune of 15k and still can’t keep the hotties happy. Within 5 minutes I found the fire damper off the air handler shut. All I did was feel the space and put my hand up to the registers then cut the flex and opened the damper. The thing had been shut since it was installed and he’s had 10 “companies” out over 3 years to the tune of probably another 5k. Every one of those girls were all over me before I left but ain’t nobody got time fo dat!

Pictures of the overheated hotties or it never happened....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Speak for yourself hoss! Sometimes you just have to Make some time. <g>

PHM
    -----------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

7. Likes Spitz, lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Pictures of the overheated hotties or it never happened....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    I’ve got the video footage in my mind so I’m not too worried about it.

I’ve gotta go back to put new links on the damper and check the guys other units so maybe I can get some then.

Post Likes
    The VFD is probably the way to go, but here are some other thoughts:

1. I noticed that the high-static fan was selected. If you do not actually have high static pressure to overcome, you may be blowing too much air. That could be solved with a simple re-sizing of the belt sheaves.

2. Unlikely on multiple units, but the refrigerant charge could be low on circuit 1, so not getting enough cooling.

Post Likes
    I can help you with this Bryan. As mentioned it could be as simple as equipment setup, or could be an application issue. Full performance testing is needed to determine what the problem is. My email address is in my profile if you want to talk.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12