+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commercial Manufacture Seeking Controls Technician/Engineer

Post Likes

Lightbulb Commercial Manufacture Seeking Controls Technician/Engineer

*I hope I have posted this correctly.

BASX Solutions, in Redmond, OR is a customer HVAC equipment manufacture for the large commercial, industrial and data center markets. Equipment manufactured varies from Modular 750KW Data Center Chiller units, CRAC & CRAW Units, Energy recovery AHU's and much more.

We are looking for an individual who has field experience with any HVAC/Industrial controls service, installation or engineering. The role is open to individuals who are interested in working in a clean manufacturing environment to run a team of electrical/controls Quality control, commissioning, testing and programming. There is the possibility of travel as needed for field start-up. Expected to be less than 20%.

Qualified candidates to read and interpret electrical and controls schematics, knowledge of HVAC equipment operation and sequences, capable of one DDC/PLC programming language and posses troubleshooting and testing knowledge.

Position is a Salary plus overtime and is based upon knowledge and experience.
    Benefits Include:
    • Matched 401K
    • 100% Paid Health Insurance Premium
    • Paid Holidays and Vacation
    • Life Insurance

Please email resume or correspondence to:
    Jeff Fehr @ <email removed>

Email can be found here under "About Me" tab:

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/member.php?25889-jslimjeff
    Last edited by kontrolphreak; 04-14-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Post Likes
    What controls line is in play?

Post Likes
    Sounds interesting. Don't put your email in posts, put it in your profile as the mods will nix it.

Off topic a bit. Why is it the controls job forum is behind the professional wall? Seems counter productive IMO.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Also curious how salary plus overtime works.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    The high Desert of Redmond, and Bend is one of my favorite places! I live on the rainy side of the state, but have done lots of work in that area over the years. I just worked on two new BASX AHU's that replaced two very old units on a bank in our area. They had carel controllers that I integrated into a Jace. The equipment was very nice stuff! I'm way overpaid for my skills where I'm at. LOL! Or would be interested for sure. I would love to live in that area someday though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Also curious how salary plus overtime works.
    I'm on that now. Get my salary every week (need to account for my 40 hours at X% utilization) and anything over 40 is paid overtime (with prior approval).

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    We do basically the same. Techs are salary but OT is paid out > 40hrs. We are not a shop that pushes everyone to 50+ by default, so its only a handful of times a year this might kick in.

Post Likes
    Thanks x 2......guess that could work out pretty well. Minimizing people feeling not compensated for the extra hours.
    While on salary, when we were working over the 40 we'd always joke on we were seeing how much less we could get paid.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    working over the 40 we'd always joke on we were seeing how much less we could get paid.
    Been there as well. That's not going far without the base adjusting accordingly. Not to say that's not an acceptable model either.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Been there as well. That's not going far without the base adjusting accordingly. Not to say that's not an acceptable model either.
    Not to hijack the thread..but how many of us get to go home when things aren't going right at a critical site? Anything over (8)hr is OT.
    A fixed salary is unacceptable in the field.
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

One phone call is worth a thousand emails.

Post Likes
    Many times true, but sometimes a very good bonus can make up for it. Rarely have I had that happen, all too often was disappointed. Last job though did a pretty good job of it, more so after a few years. Now if it's salary, plus overtime, plus bonus....that'd be nice. Many managers/employers consider overtime a 'bonus'. I don't consider it such, if overtime wasn't needed it wouldn't be offered...

If nothing else the thread keeps getting bumped back up...

control$ - Love the signature.

Post Likes
    We utilize the Carel line of controllers and expansion valve controllers olas our standard offering. We will use the Prodace line from Schnieder and Compact Logix from Allen Bradley on critical units. ABB is our standard VFD offering as well. We have some new technology that we will be using with our compressor control.

You are guaranteed your 40hr pay, we are flexible with scheduling if needed for appointments. If needed overtime is allowed and you get the hourly rate added.

Love to chat with each of you who are intrested.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in