Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

iConnect no longer working like it used to.

So, I decided to dust off my iConnect kit, and give it another try for a maintenance today.

Well, as expected I spent more time messing with it than getting anything accomplished. Everything finally connected but and shows readings in the "probe mapping" section, but when I go to "view gauge", no live readings are present, nor are there any gauges shown at the top of the screen. It does give you the option to input readings, but no probe readings.

When I turn the iConnect probes off, and go back to "view gauges", I then see the gauges, but still no readings.

So, here I am messing with it again while at the computer, and it still doesn't work.
    What a pain in the a$$ this thing is. Takes forever to connect the air probes.
    This app just makes no sense anymore.

WTF, can't they give you a straight video tutorial! Instead you get all kinds of stupid bullsh%t about who they are and what their favorite features are, I don't give a F!!! I want to use my $1600 refrigerant set!!!!
    Last edited by mgenius33; 04-10-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    So, apparently you have to profile the system, then turn on the iConnect???

Why can't I just turn this on to get some quick data?

Ok, now after trying 6 times, it now shows data on both screens?
    Funny thing is, after the 5th attempt, I tried the Measurequick app, and everything came up.

What a pain, this is!
    Last edited by mgenius33; 04-10-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Post Likes
    When Jim said iconnect worked on MQ I turned off auto-update.
    I had no real interest left anymore.

Post Likes
    Well, I figured it out. I even made a quick video of the issue.

On the initial connection, you'll get a main menu screen. From there "Connect to iManifold" is at the top. You can't hit that button. You have to go down to "jobs".

Once you create a job, then the 1-15 options screen comes up. Option 5 is connect to iManifold.

You turn on the iConnect kit, and it will take you to the "probe mapping screen".

Once all of the probes are connected, your only options at the bottom of the screen are "exit job" or "review".

You have to hit "review". This takes you to the "view gauge" screen.

After that initial set up, it seems to work. I'm not sure yet because I haven't gone through everything.

Thank God I had my Fieldpiece probes, because I was on a routine maintenance for 2.5 hours trying to figure out why my $1600 kit was so difficult to use. I could have been in and out in 1 hour with a basic report on the Joblink probes if I would have just used them.

I'm hoping this thing is going to work from this point on, but damn, since I've purchased this kit, it's cost me more $$ in wasted time than what I paid for it. I'm not sure if it's worth having anymore...

Post Likes
    So I would have to go thru all that everytime just to get pressures on a unit?

Post Likes
    I don’t know. It happened the first use on both my iPhone and also my iPad. Don’t know if it’s going to be an intermittent issue or not.
    That’s the problem though , time consuming crap that turns me off from using it.
    While it may seem like an easy work around when you’re sitting at a desk off the clock, it’s extremely frustrating when you’re on the job site trying to figure out the random issues while also trying to do your job.

Post Likes
    I had problems at first with the new app but I am getting on to it. There are 5 or 6 buttons under the gauges that lets you move through different screens or you can go back to the beginning and and get to reports and such.

Post Likes
    Yes, I really want this app to work for me this Summer. I’m going to work with it again tomorrow to see how it goes.
    Maybe it will be better after the first use. I’m always open to learning, but it was just frustrating not to have plug and play use right away.

Post Likes
    I was out of town doing PMs and in between PMs the app updated so I went from very familiar to swearing and pulling hair out in under a half hour.

I will see if I can post a video or some pictures tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I read your first post and not the following posts because I’m extremely busy, just trust me. Download the Measurequick app and sit down at home when you’re not in a rush and get familiar with it. It won’t take long. Connect your iConnect base station to it and if you wish connect the probes to your live system and get used to it.

If you try to use it first time in the hustle bustle then you’re gonna hate it and go backwards. MQ has all the kinks worked out it works flawlessly.

It take me 5 minutes real time to get all the data points, then wait another 10 and everything is stable and you have everything you need to know about any resi/light commercial system. I’m telling you now.

11. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    You can download imanifold clearesult in the app stores. It's basicly the original version on 1.something before 2.0 came out and screwed up everything.

Post Likes
    I go back and forth between the new imanifold app and the clearesult version wich is realy just the old app

Post Likes
    Good to know.

I just downloaded that. Im not sure I would be able to tell the difference, as I dont much use it, but either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast