Thread: Housecall Pro

Post Likes

Housecall Pro

Pros and Cons of house call pro? We are a 4 man shop looking to start using something like HCP. Currently all paper which ii would like to get mostly away from and streamline the office work. We also use Quick books desktop. Thinking of going to quick books online with it. Any pros and cons of it that you guys or gals have? I know you have to be QB Online for HCP to sync with it I think.

Post Likes
    I've been using it for a couple of months now.

Pros: Handles scheduling, billing, processing payments, sales, tech support is incredibly responsive and they are always adding new and requested features. Super simple to learn and use.
    Cons: Not HVAC exclusive so some aspects of it aren't quite as flexible as we need for taking detailed notes on service calls. I've been able to live with it though.
    Super Pro: auto fills postal/zip codes when you add new customers. I've used other software and believe it or not this isn't standard.

Post Likes
    I have tried it out.

Only thing I dont like about it, its web based and you need data service. Its fine in the city, but out in the sticks, its not a good deal. Solution was to add wifi to the trucks but boss man said no.

Post Likes
    We have had it for a little over a year now and have had little to no issues , upload pictures to invoice for customer , payment, notes for customers and you can look back at all of your chat history with all of their pictures, plus you can put all employees schedules on the app too

Post Likes
    I for one as a one man shop tried several cheap apps. But HCP is the way to go for me no headaches for me I like the notifications it sends too as I have no dispatcher!